Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S fan with fresh powdercoating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Harpo
I just got this powdercoated only to find it is not compatible with my trigger wheel

Click to view attachment

$75 shipped in the US
bdstone914
Note the cone shaped center to the fan. This requires a special 12 point bolt similar to the CV bolts to fit into the holes.
I have a fan like it and only have two correct bolts. If the wrong bolts are used it will hit the seal on the crank.
CV bolts can be shortened if the correct ones are not available.
Good price on a good looking fan.

Bruce
Mblizzard
Wow is it a off a 1.7, 1.8, 2.0?
bdstone914
I think they are VW Bus fans. Timing parts are in a different location on 2.0L fans.
2.0L fan is on top.

They also have a plastic cone that covers the center hole.
McMark
They are from early 1.7s. The bolt doesn't need to be special, but it does need to be the right length. Take your fan to the hardware store and look for 8x1.25 allen head bolts and find one that sticks out just enough to pass through the special washer and thread into the hub.

Bruce, you're not wrong, just don't want to scare away buyers when a solution isn't too difficult. wink.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2013, 07:50 PM) *

They are from early 1.7s. The bolt doesn't need to be special, but it does need to be the right length. Take your fan to the hardware store and look for 8x1.25 allen head bolts and find one that sticks out just enough to pass through the special washer and thread into the hub.

Bruce, you're not wrong, just don't want to scare away buyers when a solution isn't too difficult. wink.gif

Thanks Mark,

Now I know how I got a couple of those fans. A standard head allen bolt would probably be better.

The original ones are a short head like the ones that attach the fan to the pulley and strip out easily.

I was not trying to scare away buyers but did not want them to make the same mistake of carving out a crank seal like I almost did.

Bruce

sean_v8_914
first mark from the fat fin is 27 deg, fourth fin is 7.5 and tdc is almost to the 5th fin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.