Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock Fuchs 4 lug pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
looking for pictures of original stock Fuchs 4 lug wheels. What I want to understand is the finish. What I am trying to understand is the stock finish e.g. polished, painted or what. I have seen so many finishes on 4 lug fuchs I really am not sure what is pure original. Thanks for the help!

Regards,

James
steuspeed
Here you go. The back ground is left raw from the forging. Imperfections can be seen in the flesh. The petals and rim are polished, then the whole wheel is anodized clear. This wheel has a aftermarket aluminum cap from 914rubber.
jesiv
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Apr 26 2013, 02:38 PM) *

Here you go. The back ground is left raw from the forging. Imperfections can be seen in the flesh. The petals and rim are polished, then the whole wheel is anodized clear. This wheel has a aftermarket aluminum cap from 914rubber.

Thank you!! Your wheels look great
Tom_T
agree.gif with stuespeed's description.

When refinished & restored professionally by Wiedman Wheels in Oroville or Al Reed in Anaheim, they'll bead-blast IIRC to get to the raw forged look of the background area. Both do excellent work.

Here's the unmolested as new Fuchs on Steve G's pristine as new wheels on his 73 Sahara Beige 2L ....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
^ Note that blue paint spot is the factory QC inspection mark IIRC
Click to view attachment

More pix of his car are posted at the O&H Forum under "The Rare, the Few...." nailed topic FYI.

beerchug.gif
Sea Dragon 914
Mine used to look like that but they've gone up in value because they have 40 years of patina on them! blink.gif
rhodyguy
nothing wrong with a little "patina". no foul.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.