Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tweet
These came with the '75 1.8L. The plastic baggies they came in were somewhat degraded. Are they the real deal for the Mahles or nice repop? Help me identify them and price them please. Then that will be the sales price. Send me your brains.
thanks, dan
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 26 2013, 08:11 PM) *

These came with the '75 1.8L. The plastic baggies they came in were somewhat degraded. Are they the real deal for the Pedrini's or nice repop? Help me identify them and price them please. Then that will be the sales price. Send me your brains.
thanks, dan

Look too shiny to me to be OEM, but I am no expert so there is an 80% chance that I am wrong. However, if the price is in my range, I would like to buy them.

Shoe
bdstone914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 26 2013, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 26 2013, 08:11 PM) *

These came with the '75 1.8L. The plastic baggies they came in were somewhat degraded. Are they the real deal for the Pedrini's or nice repop? Help me identify them and price them please. Then that will be the sales price. Send me your brains.
thanks, dan

Look too shiny to me to be OEM, but I am no expert so there is an 80% chance that I am wrong. However, if the price is in my range, I would like to buy them.

Shoe

The shape look right to me for OEM.

Hard to tell from a picture as to the true finish.

Aftermarket ones I have seen have a wider lip at the bottom.

Bruce
McMark
Show us other angles. wink.gif
JeffBowlsby
I would be interested in these, depending on your asking price.
tweet
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 26 2013, 09:11 PM) *

thanks, dan

Pictures of the old caps that are still on the car.
914Sixer
They appear to be Porsche OEM.
tweet
Okay,
So a wise man gave me some advice, and says they can sell for up to $200. At least three members agree that they are Porsche OEM. So does $150 sound fair to anyone?
tweet
Sale pending to Dave.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 27 2013, 03:02 AM) *

Sale pending to Dave.

Hmmm, I get screwed again. I could have sworn I said I wanted to buy them 6 hours ago, was just waiting on a price. Really thought I was first in line. Go figure. WTF.gif Happy Fuching Birthday to me.
tweet
My mistake, Caps have been sold to Shoe. Sorry for the mix-up. confused24.gif

dan
TJB/914
Shoe did very well, I am sure they are NOS

See pic. of a NOS & Mikey's repo.

Tom
jim_hoyland
I've a set that have been stored in a jar for years, would these qualify for OEM ?

IPB Image

IPB Image

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 27 2013, 11:40 AM) *

I've a set that have been stored in a jar for years, would these qualify for OEM ? Iwent 5 lug Fuchs before I had a chance to use them.I'll offer them for the same price as the previous set including ship

IPB Image

IPB Image

ie looking set Jim, somebody should jump on those.
914werke
Interesting. The OE ones that have been being sold recently in the plastic bags differ slightly from the those sold previously that came in small Porsche script boxes, in that the flange that seals at the wheel face was a smaller diameter (not as much overlap) like in Toms pic.
These appear to more like the original OE version.
Very Nice.
pete000
Nice buy !

JeffBowlsby
I would have given you $151....oh well. ;(
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 27 2013, 10:24 PM) *

Well Jeff, buy Jim's.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 27 2013, 11:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 27 2013, 10:24 PM) *

Well Jeff, buy Jim's.

They have been sold.
TJB/914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 27 2013, 04:21 PM) *

Nice buy !

Hi Jeff,
I'll sell you my spare Hub-Cap for that price, but I'll make you a better offer. I'll send you my spare MPS with Chris's repair kit for you to do the rebuild for my spare HC +$??? : unsure.gif
Tom first.gif
Mike Fitton
Just so everyone is aware, these caps that were sold are reproduction. The circular rim half way down is too wide and the sleeve that goes into the wheel is too long they hit the front wheel hub and need to be trimmed. Ask me how I know.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Apr 30 2013, 01:10 PM) *

Just so everyone is aware, these caps that were sold are reproduction. The circular rim half way down is too wide and the sleeve that goes into the wheel is too long they hit the front wheel hub and need to be trimmed. Ask me how I know.

Interesting. I have some OE and an aftermarket. The aftermarket is shorter below the lip.

Were you installing them on late hub centric front rotors?

Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.