Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Shelf Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bulitt
Looking at the engine shelf and was wondering if this is also a structural item tying in the body, consoles? Those Porsche engineers were clever with this stuff. It's not in my way for the V8 so I'm leaving it.
Thoughts?

Also, I know many have run a brace from the console to the firewall. Chris at Tangerine offers a nice removable link. I'm Liking the simple triangle Patrick motorsport put in place to brace the console.

IPB Image
Mike Bellis
If you go SBC conversion, the front may need a trim. Mine needed a trim to clear the lower pulley. I removed 90% of mine and I like the cleaner look.

I have a cage so I'm not concerned with any minor rigidity the shelf provided.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
draganc
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Apr 27 2013, 05:07 AM) *

Yes those engineers thought of everything when they designed this car. The shelf although structural appears to serve more of a purpose of helping seal the engine for cooling purposes. Since you are going the V8 route your engine will overheat regardless bootyshake.gif

+1
gothspeed
Yes it is to seal the bottom from the top. However, the way it goes over the Trailing Arm console, I am certain it adds a little structure to it, to lessen fore and aft movement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.