Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Other BIG asses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
Even though I am still searching for my first teener, I have driven a couple and I fit! biggrin.gif

At 6'4" and about 240lbs that I quite a suprise!

What mods have any of you other big asses done to make the ride nicer?huh.gif

Or am I alone on this one? sad.gif
hargray2
I'm 6'1" and about 230. I think the 914 seats me fine. 914's have tons of leg room and
your ass is right at the 'frame' of the car. I know a lot of the after market seats with huge side bolsters aren't very comfy for large people. biggrin.gif
MattR
Im 6'4" and ~200lbs. I fit with a smaller steering wheel and removed butt cushion. Its still a little tight, but I dont mind. As long as I can shift into reverse without hitting my knee... too hard.

Make sure to not get a harness bar or anything that would prevent you from moving the seat all the way back.
ClayPerrine
Don't ask me. I am 5'6" tall and 145lbs. I have to move the seat all the way forward to be able to drive a 914. But it sure makes it easier to get inside and work on one!!!

The lift in my garage is only 10' tall. But I can stand up under a 914 when it's on the lift.

biggrin.gif
muddboy
all right.... while I'm not 6 foot anything... I am definitely more than "hefty". And after owning my first 914 for over 11 years (and various pant sizes) I cant say that I have ever found the seats uncomfortable. Also I dont remember any complaints after "big" passangers got in.
SirAndy
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Nov 23 2004, 08:56 PM)
Or am I alone on this one? sad.gif

6'2 and 220 lbs and i fit just fine. in fact, i find the 914 quite comfortable for a sports car.

ever driven a BMW Z3 ??? icon8.gif

driving.gif Andy
SpecialK
I've never really "gauged" the size of my ass, but at 6' 236lbs a 914 fits my ass like a glove..........well huh.gif ....never mind. My wife, who absolutely hates being in a car more than 20 mins., thought it was very comfortable (didn't bitch once on a 2 hr. drive cool.gif ....well, at least about the seats). I have noticed that my balls grow significantly bigger after several (read: way more than one) beer! beer.gif
anderssj
Looks like a small ass can cause problems too . . . .
i love porsche
6'1" and 180 lbs...im not sure if i fit...i havent driven it yet sad.gif
Root_Werks
I have seen some pretty tall guys fit into 914's before. I remember selling one once to a guy (914-6 conversion). He must have been 6'4" and slender so I couldn't tell you his wieght. But when he test drove the car he was all smiles while driving with his knees just about on either side of the wheel! It was almost funny to watch this guy drive the little 914. laugh.gif He kept saying "This is so cool!" driving.gif

As for me, 5'5", 165lbs 29" waist, drive with the seat almost all the way forward. 914's fit short people really well. biggrin.gif Although I don't have enough ass to keep from sliding around. After Dr. Evil re-covers my dash, I plan on bulstering the seats as I slide around a lot.
skline
We got some big boys on this board, I am 5' 10" and about 180 pounds, I fit pretty good in just about anything. I think the car was made for me.
sanman
Im 6' 225lbs only problem I had was my knee hitting the shifter I cut it about 2in, solved the problem a inproved shifting. If Im driving hard I like to pull the seat up to get me closer. this car has more leg room than most cars and the seat position feel so right. Once you get it out of 1st or reverse the ride should be nice. Could be your shoes try a driving shoe or converse all stars something thin and light, less pressure on the lower back. This sometimes helps me, I have had back problems since I was 20 yr old. driving.gif

PS I also have a smaller stering wheel
Scott S
6'2", 270 (40" waist)

My car was much more comfortable after I did the GT conversion, which included removing the center console. I also use the Renegade seats with the short cusions. This dropped me enough that using larger wheel is not an issue. I really wanted to keep it for authenticity. I have been fighting with the idea of getting the Prototipo - which is techniacally correct too. This would even free up more space. The car is pretty darn comfortable.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Nov 24 2004, 09:54 AM)
6'2", 270 (40" waist)

My car was much more comfortable after I did the GT conversion, which included removing the center console. I also use the Renegade seats with the short cusions. This dropped me enough that using larger wheel is not an issue. I really wanted to keep it for authenticity. I have been fighting with the idea of getting the Prototipo - which is techniacally correct too. This would even free up more space. The car is pretty darn comfortable.

my knees used to hit without the prototipo wheel smile.gif
BiG bOgGs
Thanks for the feedback! For now I will plan on a smaller steering wheel and modified shifter on my list of mods.biggrin.gif

Any seat choices that didn't work out for other tall types aout there?

sad.gif
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Nov 26 2004, 11:08 AM)
Any seat choices that didn't work out for other tall types out there?

sad.gif

I'm looking at the Corbeau A4's. My car "came" with Corvette seats that do not look right nor feel right in the car. I just have to save up a little more to buy them. One advantage of the Corbeau is that they do make the seat brackets to fit the 914.

The vast majority of other seats I looked at were too wide to fit the 914, especially because of the e-brake handle on the left hand side. That robs you of a good 2-3 inches of "usable" seat space.

Good luck!
Dave_Darling
Most aftermarket seats either lose you some butt-room, or they don't fit into the recess in the backpad and you lose legroom. The stockers do a pretty good job, all in all.

I'm 6'1", used to be 240 lbs (now 200 + some turkey!) and I fit pretty well. Removing the seat cushion works very well for me, as it offers more lateral support and gets my head down from the roof panel. (I have a very long torso.) It's tough after an hour or two, though, and I have to pull my wallet out of my back pocket.

Leaving the stock seat bottom cushion in place, I still fit OK. I do tend to splay my legs outward somewhat so my knees go out toward the sides of the steering wheel.

It's a helluva lot better than most sports cars I've tried. Including 80s-vintage 911s with sunroofs!!

--DD
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 26 2004, 08:56 PM)

I'm 6'1", used to be 240 lbs

--DD

Since the hair cut! happy11.gif

Seriously. I'm only 5'7. So hows the air up there? laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Dude, seeing the Alien made me wish I was only 5'7"!! No way I could fit in that car this tall, but maybe if I shrunk....

Hey, when I'm 80 I'll finally be able to fit in it!! laugh.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.