Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "What happened to your bumper?"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poorsche914
As I traveled a back road headed to a PCA event this morning, I passed a county sheriff sitting in a church parking lot. It was wet and rainy so I was taking it easy. Sheriff stayed put. smile.gif
I reached the main divided highway, crossed to the middle area and waited for traffic to clear. As I pulled out, I noticed the sheriff at the stop sign. shades.gif
For the next couple miles I traveled in the right lane while he hung back in the left lane. dry.gif
Finally, he pulled in behind me blink.gif
and before long... busted_cop.gif
I pulled over all the while wondering what I had done unsure.gif
Sheriff's deputy comes up to my window, greets me and then asks "What happened to your bumper?"
I asked, "I don't know.... what's wrong with it?" confused24.gif
His reply: "It isn't there."

huh.gif

So I got out and showed him that it is indeed "there". His response: "Oh, so that is the bumper?"
rolleyes.gif
"I guess you can go, then."
lol-2.gif

driving.gif
BritCarJim
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 27 2013, 10:31 PM) *

As I traveled a back road headed to a PCA event this morning, I passed a county sheriff sitting in a church parking lot. It was wet and rainy so I was taking it easy. Sheriff stayed put. smile.gif
I reached the main divided highway, crossed to the middle area and waited for traffic to clear. As I pulled out, I noticed the sheriff at the stop sign. shades.gif
For the next couple miles I traveled in the right lane while he hung back in the left lane. dry.gif
Finally, he pulled in behind me blink.gif
and before long... busted_cop.gif
I pulled over all the while wondering what I had done unsure.gif
Sheriff's deputy comes up to my window, greets me and then asks "What happened to your bumper?"
I asked, "I don't know.... what's wrong with it?" confused24.gif
His reply: "It isn't there."

huh.gif

So I got out and showed him that it is indeed "there". His response: "Oh, so that is the bumper?"
rolleyes.gif
"I guess you can go, then."
lol-2.gif

driving.gif

so, i'm guess it didn't say "....county's finest" on the car, huh?
KELTY360
He'd probably never seen a Fiat before. shades.gif
johannes
Young guy. Certainly the first time he saw a 914
pete000
Should have pointed out there are no air bags either !
steuspeed
You can't even see the bumper on new cars. Most have a bumper cap. screwy.gif
ThePaintedMan
In Florida he would have repeated, "It isn't there, son." And issued you a ticket.
jimtab
Lucky you didn't get Buford T. Justice......"son, you just bought yo sef a whole can of "whup-ass".......
7TPorsh
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 28 2013, 07:09 PM) *

In Florida he would have repeated, "It isn't there, son." And issued you a ticket.

Yeah, Florida...got caught 30 years ago going the wrong way on a one way street. I was 18; not the teener.

Got pulled over...here was the conversation:

Cop: What are you doing?
Me: Driving??
Cop; You're going the wrong way!
Me: No, sir. This is the way
Cop: This is a one way street.
Me: I'm only going one way
Cop: Don't you see the arrows?
Me: Arrows? I didn't even see the Indians"
Cop: "Oh yeah? Step out of the car.

Then got some Buford T. Justice lecturing about being a sidewalk attorney.

Note: No offense to any Native Americans; I was stupid kid once...more than once.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 29 2013, 12:08 PM) *

Yeah, Florida...got caught 30 years ago going the wrong way on a one way street. I was 18; not the teener.

Then got some Buford T. Justice lecturing about being a sidewalk attorney.

Note: No offense to any Native Americans; I was stupid kid once...more than once.

I tried a similar thing once that I heard from a friend.

Cop: Hey, how you doing? License and registration.
My friend: (Including jedi hand motion) You don't need to see my license and registration.
Cop: I... uh, don't need to see your license and registration.
My friend: These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Cop: These aren't the droids I'm looking for.
My friend: Move along.
Cop: Move along, move along.

Apparently my buddy drove off and that was that. I was not so lucky... I don't think my trooper was a Star Wars fan... or didn't like being compared to a storm trooper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.