Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wipe new results for those that care.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
While I couldn't test it on my non running 914, I did use it on my escape. No silicon content, that's nice. You have to prep well, surface must be clean. You also don't want this stuff on paint or glass. I used blue painters tape in tight areas.

It works! No shiny slimy look either. Dries to a nice satin, and no worse than back to black to apply. Read the directions carefully, and it does work. I want to try it on my targa. I think the results would be really good.
Before
IPB Image

After
IPB Image
McMark
Looking forward to targa results.
underthetire
Going to try and dig out the 914 from under the pile o crap on top of it tomorrow.
steuspeed
Is this that stuff they sell on TV?
underthetire
As seen on tv..
Also sell a smaller bottle at Walmart, but mail order you get 3 oz instead of 1.5 oz.

gothspeed
Does it have silicone in it?
rnellums
It looks like it might have streaked a bit, or is that just the camera angle?
underthetire
It was still drying. It actually ended up more of a matte/eggshell sheen after about 3 hours. Car sat outside yesterday in the 90 deg sun, any of the silicon/other product ive used would have started burning off.

No Silicon.

SURFACE PREP is super important. The one area i didn't degrease with citrus cleaner didn't come out that great. All the other areas look good so far.

I wouldn't recommend running right out and buying it yet, I have not washed the car since application. 2 weeks should tell the story.
gothspeed
great info, thanks for posting!! beerchug.gif
Drums66
...Interesting info-....keep us updated on research idea.gif
shades.gif bye1.gif flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.