Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reconditioned 2.0 75
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefile2010
Finally.
Bought her on Ebay and brought out from Colorado nearly two years ago.
Luckily the rust was minimal with perfect longs, jack points suspension etc and a few minor perforations in the hell hole and under the passenger seat. First lesson as we know is get a PPI-I was just lucky and would never buy off a load of pictures again.

Original engine had been rebuilt as a 2.3 and I blew a hole through one head so managed to get a replacement through the World and it was only 200 numbers from the original.

While I was sorting the engine I decided to get rid of the ugly dark blue it had been changed to and put it back to original Anacona blue. A long painful process, lots of paint stripper, 3M pads etc. and doing it late at night after work in bad light.

Long story short-it's back on the road as original as it can be. Last week we were worried about the weak dyno test but it seems to run pretty well and feels nicely balanced on the road although less torquey than the 2.3. As promised here are the first pictures.

It's a great feeling to bring one of these back from a barn in Colorado to a driveable , fun little rocketship. New plates will go on shortly. ZEE914

Many thanks to all the guys on 914 world for good advice and encouragement, especially Tom T and Mikey.
Rleog
Beautiful. Not many of those in New Zealand!
JawjaPorsche
Wow! Looks Awesome Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom_T
I LOVE that Ancona Blue Metallic with the light interior Richard. drooley.gif wub.gif

It looks like the white or maybe the Beige/Tan/Cinnamon - can't tell for sure in the lighting through the glass.

That'll have a few Kiwis buggy-eyed!!
porschefile2010
Yep. Everywhere I get asked what sort of car it is. And you should have seen the little guy in the gas station watching me fill her up via the front trunk and then open up the rear and there was no engine there either. And it is driving really well save a few rattles to be sorted.
reharvey
You did a great job! Looks very nice and you did the work yourself! Congratulations and enjoy
turk22
looks great, would love to see some of your pictures of the progress of the work.

beerchug.gif
porschefile2010
Here is a pic of the half way stage. I'm not great on getting pictures. I only had a small space to work in so it was just a plastic bucket for a seat , a big container of stripper and one panel at a time. This shot obviously shows the etch primer on the LHS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.