Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mikey 914's original car the one that started it all
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mikey914
Got it up on Craigslist, It really is just a roller, but the longs looked good, and I hate to cut it up, but have been borrowing parts to the point I need to either chop it up or sell to someone who needs a project. No engine no trans no seats missing a tach.

You will need a front clip and time, IT IS A BIG PROJECT!

Here's the kicker, I really don't want to see it scrapped, or I would have cut into it a long time ago, as it's still worth more in parts. I will include $250 of rubber once it's out of paint if the car is restored.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for the group.

A little history, we started this as a father son project that I got him a username on the club site of mikey914, my name is Mark, but many people call me Mikey as this created confusion. Anyway, this is the car I started making parts on and for.
Mikey914
Craigslist add -
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/3772053663.html
rick 918-S
Hey Mark, What is the original color? The hell hole photo and the inside of the right door look like Delphi or something where the body looks darker.

I want this car. But I have to sell our Beetle first. dry.gif I have no more room for cars until I get rid of one. I WOULD repair it.
Todd Enlund
That's a great incentive to include the rubber once it's painted. I hope you find it a good home...
Mikey914
It is Zambezi Green.

I did poke at this a little more and noticed that there was some seam sealer that wasn't quite right. There is rust at the fire wall side and inside in the rear of the passenger seat. I did poke at the long with a big screwdriver and it seems solid, as well as the door jamb area and the base of the sail.

So, it's a little more than just fixing the front at this time.
Mikey914
This is what I didn't like.
The only good news is the floor seems solid
McMark
Interested. Just gotta sell some more of my time. wink.gif

Might be looking at WCR pickup. idea.gif
Mikey914
I just need to thin the herd, I had hoped to not cut it up.
FrogMut
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2013, 10:17 PM) *

I just need to thin the herd, I had hoped to not cut it up.

What year is it? Clean title?
Mikey914
Bought with salvage title due to the insurance company writing it off for an engine fire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.