Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: SSI 2.0-liter heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
horizontally-opposed
It's time to sell the 914 2.0 heat exchangers I bought from Stainless Steel Industries
ten~ or twelve~ years ago. They were on my 914, an occasional use car, so there are not a lot of miles on them and they haven't been on and off the car too many times. They're in really, really nice shape.

Reason for sale: six conversion. Local buyers get preference, but I am willing to box them up and ship them if buyer pays packaging and shipping costs.

Click on the photos to enlarge.

EDIT: SOLD FOR ASKING PRICE OF $600 with the heater system pipes/deflectors. Thanks, Len!

Thanks!

Pete
horizontally-opposed
Per the recommendation of another 914world member beerchug.gif I suppose I should say that I can add all of the -4 specific heater ducting since I am going the six conversion route. I'll keep the flex hoses and flappers, as I may use them if I can find a good set of six-cylinder HEs for a reasonable price. Here's to hoping.

I'll have to look again, but all of the ancillary heater ducting from this car is very nice IIRC, with no rust. It fit these SSIs so nicely it was a bit of a job to get them apart after I took the bolts out. The heat in my car was excellent...I had to turn it down, every time, no matter how cold it was outside. I am going to miss that.

$600 takes all, as I am told a similar set of HEs recently sold for $600 by themselves.

pete
rhodyguy
pete, what are you going to do with your 4 pot engine?

k
horizontally-opposed
The Type IV is going up for sale. Actually, already is on local Craigslist as I am hoping for a local pickup. I'd be thrilled to sell it to a 914world member...

Priced as a 1.7 core with tins, flywheel, and complete working FI system. If it's a 1911 and if it gets someone down the road for awhile, all the better. Showed no signs of giving up, and has run the way it has for 25+ years.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/3773842591.html

pete
horizontally-opposed
By the way, spent some time with a parts washer last night and all that lower heater ducting and the J tubes are in really nice shape—this is not rusty nasty stuff, and it will save someone big on shipping for pieces piecemeal.
michael7810
Will these fit a 1.7 if I replace the lower ducting and J tubes? What else do I need?
mepstein
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 30 2013, 02:15 PM) *

Will these fit a 1.7 if I replace the lower ducting and J tubes? What else do I need?

You need a 2.0 muffler and hanger. You can buy 1.7 ss heat exchangers for $200-250 and they give you the same performance on your engine so there is not much reason to pay for the 2.0 if you don't need them
michael7810
I thought the pipes on a 2.0 were larger than 1.7; maybe that's just for stock heat exchangers. I have stock 1.7 heat exchangers on the car and was thinking I could get a small performance bump going to 2.0 SSI; however if I have to buy all the piping, muffler and hanger it will be too expensive. Thanks for the info.
rhodyguy
sounds as tho pete is selling nearly the whole package now. warm air guides, branch ducting, j tubes, warm air elbows, muffler bracket(?). for back dating or a rusted out oem system it's the ticket. one box. do the shipping math for individual items from various sellers. it adds up quickly. a no brainer if you want heat and lots of it.
JeffBowlsby
Did you get my email from the other day Pete?
TravisNeff
This is a smoking deal. This is the late style with stainless pipes and flanges, the early ones had mild steel for them and only the boxes are stainless. Yes the interior dimensions of the pipes are bigger than the 1.7 and maybe even larger (not much) than the stock 2.0

glwts!
sixaddict
agree.gif
horizontally-opposed
Hey Jeff! Didn't see your email! Where did you send it? Probably best to PM me here.

Thanks for the comments, Travis. I thought so this was a good deal and I am surprised no one has jumped on this yet...I try to price stuff to move it, and understand a pair of late SSIs in similar condition just got the owner $600. I've included all of the lower heater-ducting pipes in very good original/not rusty condition for $600, or the SSIs by themselves for $500. There are no dents, and the boxes cleaned up beautifully (the black-looking pipes are the result of heat cycling, and would be that way on any pair).

I doubt these have 20,000 miles on them, and have probably only been on and off the car just a few times.

Anyone?

pete
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ May 2 2013, 09:33 PM) *

This is a smoking deal. This is the late style with stainless pipes and flanges, the early ones had mild steel for them and only the boxes are stainless.

Still available. I'm kind of amazed that they are, and that I'm now getting low-balled with terms of sale dictated to me, which would subtract even more value. barf.gif

Does anyone know someone who is looking for a nice set of late, low-mile 2.0 SSIs? These are VERY nice, and priced $100 under the last known sale of a similar set. The quality of these things is unmatched, and they'll outlast whatever car they're bolted to.

I generally try to undersell parts and price them below full market value for quick sales. Sure would like to make the right buyer very happy...

pete
c12croft
Great price, as l bought a set from another member and paid $800. It was 7 years ago, they were still new-in-the-box. but the buy was for the xchangers only, no piping or flapper boxes, and I thought it was a good deal at the time.
mepstein
Timing isn't good - springtime - but the price is great and I'm sure they will sell for $500 in time.
horizontally-opposed
...bump...

horizontally-opposed
icon_bump.gif
flylarry
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 21 2013, 09:42 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Are the heat exchangers still available?
rhodyguy
pete is a busy guy. you'll prob have better luck sending him a pm about the heat exch.
horizontally-opposed
Yep, PM is the best way, but have to say I haven't been on here much lately...

Thanks for the interest, everyone! HEs sold, shipped, and delivered to a fellow 914world member. May Len have many good miles from them! beerchug.gif

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.