914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Try these links, look familiar??

First Second link
SirAndy
yupp, (not my car biggrin.gif )

IPB Image
skline
Joe's V8 car has the HPH rear flares on it and we were both wondering why they were made to stick on top of the fender and not blend in. We thought maybe they were installed wrong but all the pictures I see look the same. Like they are just stuck on top of the fender and dont blend in like all the others.
SirAndy
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 24 2004, 06:56 AM)
Joe's V8 car has the HPH rear flares on it and we were both wondering why they were made to stick on top of the fender and not blend in. We thought maybe they were installed wrong but all the pictures I see look the same. Like they are just stuck on top of the fender and dont blend in like all the others.

they are a complete replacement for the original fender, not just flares ...

cool.gif Andy
skline
Well, then all the ones I have seen are not installed right, they are all sitting on top of the original fender and are about 1/4 inch thincker on the top and rear. The factory fender still shows at the very back with the HPH fender sticking up. Its like there is no way to blend it in and make it look right. The guy at the body shop yesterday said pretty much the same thing and quoted him 3500.00 to fix it and make it right. Said it would take a week or so.
maf914
The white arrowhead-like stripe on the front of that 914 reminds me of the paint scheme on the Lola T70 that John Surtees drove to the championship in the first year of the Can-Am. The car was red with white stripes. They then used the same stripe on a dark green Lola T70 coupe at LeMans.

Just a little trivia! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.