Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stugray
I am looking to purchase a fiberglass bumper for the race car.

I happen to have one that looks just like the one from AA, but it is a little beat up and I would have to do some repair to use it.

Just for fun I test fit it on the car and it is more than 1 inch too long!
It sticks out too far on both sides when centered.

Has anyone else noticed this? Are there certain manufacturers to avoid?
I really want the stock look for the racecar and I saw one FG bumper on ebay that is painted to look exactly like the chrome bumper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-front-...77#ht_441wt_956

That one interests me.

Also, what is a reasonable rate to ask for a nearly pristine stock bumper with near new rubber top?

I know it is more than enough to cover the cost of a FG one, but just curious.

Stu
GeorgeRud
I bought one from Getty Design many years ago (with the GT style oil cooler cutout) that seemed to fit pretty well. They're still shown on their website, so they should still be available.

I did end up using a steel bumper that I cut up and welded to make a more solid front bumper for street use. If you would be interested in the bumper, please PM me.
SirAndy
I have never seen one that didn't need some work to make it fit. Some fit better than others and some fit horribly.

If you don't feel comfortable working with FG and you want a perfect fit, expect to pay someone else to make them fit.
dry.gif
Rand
That being said, Getty seems to have the best rep.
ThePaintedMan
The ones from QRS fiberglass have a great reputation from what I hear. I actually spoke with Jeff via Ebay the other day, since their website is infected with a virus, and they're still producing the front and rear stock style bumpers for $181.00 a piece. Their Ebay store name is zero-kewl914 .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.