Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pullin it back out....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
Got the big 4 running...I have a few things to fix....

Oil leak from the rear...I hope it is just a galley plug that I need to tighten, small oil leak from the front, guess I need to install the oil pump gasket....

These are small easy fix items...I did safety wire the CV bolts so I need to take all that back apart....bummer.....

Found a cool problem with the throttle bodies...on the 1/2 side, I can cover the stacks and the motor still runs the same...if I do it on the 3/4 side, the idle falls off...so I got a big vacuum leak somewhere...

These are webber throttle bodies....I think the problems is at the manifold head interface...I have to pull the motor anyway.....

The second problem is the easytherm calibration of the CHT....Dave, got any ideas? No matter how I change the settings, I read -40 deg. and am stuck in warm up mode...

Other than that, this rocks!
The megasquirt fires right up and I can adjust AFR at all rpm's..with this cam my vacuum signal is around 57 to 60 Kpa. when I fix the vacuum leak, I should have a better signal...

Oh yes...this is a 103 mm Nickie by 80 mm 2.666L motor, with webber twin throttle bodies and a 163/86b cam and lots of head work.

Anyone want to help pull the motor this weekend??????? Will supply beer and soda.....

beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
Send me a plane ticket and I will come help.... biggrin.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
DNHunt
Is the sensor good? Is it connected to the right input? Are the .ini file and .inc file both in the units of measurement? Easytherm has a box to enter the in line resistor that is on the MS board. Check to make sure the values are right. Keeping everthing straight is a challenge. If it was miscalibrated I think you would still see it change.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.