Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid -engine celebration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
Last weekend, the Premier Porsche dealer in Cincinnati hosted an intro for the new Cayman with the tie-in to other, noted and classic mid-engine Porsche offerings from the past. Three 914s were prominant in the display as well as other models that I'm sure you will recognize. The 550s pictured are not authentic, however, but were well executed and presented. The 914s were genuine, and were not tribute cars, clones, or reproductions biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
more......
1970 Neun vierzehn
and....
dirk9141973
pray.gif I thought the orange 914-4 1.7 sold on eBay few weeks age little over $ 20k
tscrihfield
That's funny, I didn't see you there. You got a photo of me though! Last photo on the first post right behind the 550 spyder. I'm actually next to the guy who owns the red 914 race car that was there. I saw Ken there but missed you. Maybe I'll see you at the next event? Was a great evening, and a great tribute to us mid engine lovers!
Thomas
tscrihfield
QUOTE(dirk9141973 @ Apr 29 2013, 09:43 PM) *

pray.gif I thought the orange 914-4 1.7 sold on eBay few weeks age little over $ 20k

Different car. The one in this is actually belongs to another Cincinnatian. Same location though.
johnpierre
Awsome.....
Tom_T
Nice event! smilie_pokal.gif

... but I make it 4 x 914s - 2 yellows & 1 orange street 914s up front + the red/burgundy 914 racer with the wing in the middie racers row.
casey944
What is the story on the 904? If that isnt real it certainly is very convincing.
rnellums
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Apr 29 2013, 09:48 PM) *

Different car. The one in this is actually belongs to another Cincinnatian. Same location though.

Was that the orange car that was at the Cincinnati VW/Porsche Reunion and parked next to me?
rick 918-S
Nice!
JmuRiz
Nice display!
turk22
WTF.gif

Damn, I didn't even know about this event... You gotta give a heads up to us poor yokels who aren't in the know!

gothspeed
wow Nice shop space!! ......... shades.gif
JmuRiz
They are nice aren't they, that's the me porsche dealer corporate look. I'm friends with a local facilities mgr (porsche, Audi, mb, Aston, land rover) and these dealer shops are amazing!
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(casey944 @ Apr 30 2013, 04:31 AM) *

What is the story on the 904? If that isnt real it certainly is very convincing.

I have been told (hearsay?) that the 904 was not a regular production line factory assembled car, but rather a 904 made with a correct 4 cam engine and correct repro parts and factory NOS items.......
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(rnellums @ Apr 30 2013, 04:50 AM) *

Was that the orange car that was at the Cincinnati VW/Porsche Reunion and parked next to me?

The guy who owns the orange 914 pictured in the showroom is Brad Shisler. Brads' residence is listed on my internet program as being Columbus, Ohio. His car is a previous PCA Parade Concours winner. pray.gif I do not recall the name of the owner of the orange 914 that was parked next to your car at last Septembers' Reunion. idea.gif

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Apr 30 2013, 06:57 PM) *

The guy who owns the orange 914 pictured in the showroom is Brad Shisler. Brads' residence is listed on my internet program as being Columbus, Ohio. His car is a previous PCA Parade Concours winner. pray.gif I do not recall the name of the owner of the orange 914 that was parked next to your car at last Septembers' Reunion. idea.gif

Paul

Ross,
Checking license plates, the orange 914 in the showroom IS the same car that was parked next to you at the VW/Porsche Reunion.

Paul
rnellums
I thought it was similar. Beautiful car!
TJB/914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Apr 30 2013, 10:57 PM) *

Paul

Brad Shisler orig.owner 914 car is beautiful. One of the best orig. 914's around. (see photo) from our MW 2005 meet.
Tom

ottox914
Nice pics- looks like a great gathering.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(rnellums @ Apr 30 2013, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Apr 29 2013, 09:48 PM) *

Yessir!

Thomas
tscrihfield
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Apr 30 2013, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(casey944 @ Apr 30 2013, 04:31 AM) *

I have been told (hearsay?) that the 904 was not a regular production line factory assembled car, but rather a 904 made with a correct 4 cam engine and correct repro parts and factory NOS items.......

Correct, I was spending some quality time with a group of porschefiles just last night and the question did come up from me to someone who knows Porsches very well!

The story is as follows,
Marvin Simes (no longer with us) who owned Die Werkstatt in Dayton Ohio built this car. It is known and recognized more than any other 904 replica out there. If you ask Ken the owner he will tell you that this was one of the burned up chassis that he found in a barn and he had it restored but this is not true. John Dixon owned this fabbed chassis and it was purchased as well as the four cam engine and built.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Truely a very convincing example......
1970 Neun vierzehn
To be fair, impartial, and as unbiased as possible, I should also include some photos of distant cousins of the rear-engined VW Beetle.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.