Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-V8 Street car with Track Developed Chassis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
stewteral
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentI'm selling my 914-V8 to go play with a Formula Ford. I've spent the last 8 years developing and tuning the car and believe it is the ONLY 914V8 with a chassis developed for road courses.

For SALE: Porsche 914 Chevy V8 conversion car, $35k invested +, Price $16,500, certified funds -11.0 second Qtr Mile
-Built 383 Chevy SBC, output 500 HP, 4-bolt Mains
-Comp Cams Roller-cam, pushrods and hydraulic lifters
-Eagle 4130 crank
-Eagle forged rods
-10:1 Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons
-All parts balanced with harmonic balancer
-Stainless steel rockers
-Aluminum heads
-MSD Distributor & Ignition system
-Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold
-750 Holley 4-barrel Carb
-Custom aluminum valve covers
-180-degree headers
-Dual mufflers w/ Super-Trapps + Open pipe replacement for track days
-Canton Road Race baffled oil pan
-Canton 3Qt Accusump
-Dual oil coolers with fans
-All oil & fuel lines are Aeroquip
-Remote Meziere electric water pump – 55 GPM
-Camaro Aluminum radiator with dual fans
-Spare Chevy 4-bolt mains block
-Transmission: Porsche Turbo 930 4-spd trans with custom shift linkage
-Quaife Torsen Limited slip differential
-Turbo Porsche half-shafts and CV joints
-Custom flywheel with Porsche clutch
-Wilwood Hydraulic clutch master cylinder & peddle
-Wilwood Hydraulic clutch slave cylinder with Aeroquip flex-line
-Chassis: the ONLY race track developed suspension conversion car now running including spring rates, swabars, shocks, chassis squared adjustments and bump-steered. -Custom Dash: Porsche Tach, VDO Water temp, oil temp, oil pressure gages, Oil pressure & alternator warning LEDs. -Transmission oil temp gage
-Full rollcage
-Racing seats
-5-belt racing seat belts (driver)
-4-belt racing seat belts (passenger)
-Racing Engineer tuned spring rates
-Custom front and rear swaybars
-Koni adjustable Sport front shocks
-Custom built dual adjustable Koni rear shocks
-Spare rear springs
-Rear suspension bracing for track cornering loads
-Removable rear wing for track
-Rennspeed fiber glass fender flares, rocker panels and nose piece with splitter
-Custom fiberglass side cooling scoops to Engine Compartment
-Brakes: Wilwood 12” x 1.25” vented rotor, all wheels
-Wilwood 4-piston Aluminum Calipers, all wheels
-Aeroquip brake lines
-Wilwood Dual master cylinder w/ balance bar aluminum peddle
-Remote brake & clutch reservoirs in front trunk
-Street Wheels: 8” steel rims with TA Radials (street)
Track Wheels: 9-1/2” front Aluminum wheels w/ Fresh Goodyear racing slicks (track)
Track Wheels: 11” rear Aluminum Wheels w/ Fresh Goodyear racing slicks (track)
Documentation:
3” - 3-ring binder of Every part of the Chassis
3” - 3-ring binder of Every part of the engine.
3” - 3-ring binder of complete 930 trans shop manual 2” – 3-ring binder all about the Holley Carb w/ 2 shop manuals.
1” – 3-ring binder: Complete data support for all chassis and tire on-track settings.
Track Support: Seller will attend buyer’s initial track event to help in learning the car at The Streets of Willow Springs A custom towbar is also available.

To see the car in action here is the url for my last outing at Buttonwillow. It was interesting that I was following the yellow Serious NASCAR competitor with a 650HP Chevy. I was very satisfying to be able to pull him on the straights.
Now, of course, the excuses:
-First lap was slow and slippery in getting the slicks up to temp on that always greasy track. Note the tail stepping out in the 1st right-hand corner.
-This was my first time to run the track CW and I never felt I had the lines down, was not comfortable and couldn't get into a rhythm. Thus missing shifts and totally blowing my braking point at the end to the start straight. Ah shucks!
-For some dumb reason, I was black flagged on that last lap. It turned out to be corner worker error....not that unusual at these open track days. Still, the car ran great and was a kick-in-the-pants to drive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeeWoJZm9C4

Terry, Camarillo, CA 805-482-0322

Good luck with the sale..those lines at Button Willow looks familiar smile.gif
sean_v8_914
I have enjoyed watching you up at Streets
tooms351
Hi, is your car still for sale? Joe
stewteral
QUOTE(tooms351 @ Jun 13 2013, 05:49 AM) *

Hi, is your car still for sale? Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes, the car is still for sale. I rebuilt the engine with new pistons, rings, bearings and valve job in Fall 2012, ran it one last time in November and it's been sitting under cover and on a battery tender ever since. I've been focused on my formula Ford project and waiting for the right buyer.

Questions:
- Have you had experience with a very powerful car and/or on track experience?
I built the car that a friend calls "The Beast" and it is blindingly quick along with
huge brakes and big corning ability. I simply don't want to sell the car to
someone who might hurt himself with it.

- You're in FL, do you have plans to be out in SoCal to see the car?

Thanks for your interest,
Terry
Niche
I saw this car last week. It is an impressive build. While we didn't put a deal together, I can attest Terry is a great guy and I've learned that it's more important to "buy" the seller than it is the car sometimes. Definitely a great car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.