Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Temp sender for '73 gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
cbuehling
Trying to fix my oil temperature setup. I have a 73 gauge in a 74 car (not sure why), tested the gauge and the wire up to the taco plate (ground maxes it out at all connections) so I am looking for a working temp sender up to 200 degrees celsius.

Thanks a lot.
euro911
Sorry, I don't have the temperature sender you're looking for, this is just an FYI.

Taking into account that your car is 40 years old, the gauge could have been changed, but depending on how early your '74 MY car was made (in 1973), it also could be the original one.
reharvey
I have the sender you need but they never worked very well even when new. The gauge hardly moves when the engine is at 200deg. Let me know if you still want it. Ray
bdstone914
They have been NLA for many years. I have some incomplete taco plates and could sell a sender from one of those.

I talked to the folks at North Hollywood Speedometer said they can convert the gauge to the late style movement for about $120.

Bruce
cbuehling
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 30 2013, 07:41 AM) *

They have been NLA for many years. I have some incomplete taco plates and could sell a sender from one of those.

I talked to the folks at North Hollywood Speedometer said they can convert the gauge to the late style movement for about $120.

Bruce

Thanks a lot for the replies. Having some reading even if faint is already better than none at all. I'll think about a real replacement later. Thanks for the gauge retrofit idea.

PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.