Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel problem?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
O.K I thought I had one carb that was cutting out on me after my car got warm. Checked it out a little more & it seems like both carbs are working fine. At least they look to be doing the same thing at the same time.
So here is my issue again. After my car warms up it cuts out. Acts like its not getting enough gas. I can usually get it going but just barely & it just keeps dying. Looking in my engine bay & where the fuel comes thru the line. There seems to be alot of air in my fuel line. When it is cutting out it looks like les gas is coming thru.
So I came to the conclusion my problem lies in a bad fuel pump huh.gif . That sound about right to anyone? Other ideas are appreciated as always
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ May 19 2003, 09:51 PM)
That sound about right to anyone? Other ideas are appreciated as always

fuel filter dirty and plugged ????
did you run out of gas (or almost) lately ???

Andy
need4speed
That reminds me -

Is there such a thing as a transparent hose material that stands up to Gasoline? I've seen transparent hose, but I don't know if gasoline will eat it. But wouldn't it be just perfect for troubleshooting flow problems?

If so, what's it called or how could one ask for it by name?
fuch toy
For carbs only....there are clear fuel filters.....FI has too much fuel pressure and blows them up.....not good for the engine compartment.
JRust
No haven't run out of gas or come close lately! Of course I've put all of 20 miles on it the past 5months. I will check & replace my fuel filter too. Maybe even get one of those glass ones mentioned! Thanks for the tips guys. Gotta go order the darn pump. Any particular pump I should be looking to get?
philinjax
Before you buy that pump, check the fuel screen in the output line in the tank. If you have had low fuel level in the tank on and off for months, the screen will sometimes glaze over and restrict fuel flow.

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.