Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What can I delete off my 3.2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GulleyGulley
I'm installing a 86 3.2 in my 6-conversion. I'd like to eliminate any of the vacuum lines, etc. that aren't needed. Car won't have heat, A/C, etc. Running stock fuel injection. I remember seeing a post that had pictures and notes of what lines can be deleted, but can't find the thread.
Cap'n Krusty
I doubt there's a single vacuum line on the engine related to either heating or A/C. IMO, and I've worked on 911s for 40 years, everything on the engine related to F/I and ignition needs to be there for operation and driveability.

The Cap'n
mepstein
Except for the oe electric fan on top of the engine and the a/c compressor, I don't think there's much you can remove from the engine and still run stock FI.
jim912928
There is stuff on the backside of the engine you can remove....if memory serves me it supports the vacuum lines for the brake booster and the cruise control (remember...if memory serves me right). See the attached pic of my engine basically stripped down and almost ready to go. I did retain the stock heater blower and just used the 914 fan housing (smaller diameter then the 911 housing) and thus cleared my engine lid. There were a few holes to plug.

Thing runs fine!

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
I know it is not a 3.2L but I eliminated all of the decel valves and related vacuum lines and was able to eliminate some of the wireing that went with it!

So some stuff can be eliminated on a 911 and it cleans things up alot!
shuie
Don't start puling vacuum lines unless you want to try to figure out why it wont start after you have it in the car.
GulleyGulley
Thanks Jim. That back corner of the engine is what I was looking to clean up. Looks like you have one or two plugs where I have a hose coming out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.