Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Brake Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
Plain Jane 75 914/4 2.0

I'm having no luck finding replacement hoses for the rear trailing arms.

I have a new set for a 914/6 where one end has the grove to take the slide on clip, but the other end doesn't.

So, is there a magic clip I can get so I can use the 914/6 hoses,

or

is there some place to order the correct hoses that have the clip on grooves on both ends??

confused24.gif

IDK, I feel like some sort of jerk, this isn't my first rodeo, but sourcing parts for this car is so different than what I'm used to. Not a complaint, just an observation. I'm actually enjoying the education.

Thank goodness for this board!

Len
stugray
http://www.pmbperformance.com/914-brake-lines.html

Eric will set you up.

Stu
lsintampa
QUOTE(stugray @ Apr 30 2013, 01:20 PM) *

Those are the hoses I have (didn't get them from Eric, but I have those hoses.)

They don't have the same ends that take the slip on clip to hold them on the Trailing Arm and body.

At least on my car, the hose is held in place with a slip on clip that slides over the ends of the connectors on the hose.

If you look at that part number, one end has the connector with the groove in it for the clip, the onther end does not.

My hoses that came off the car, have the groove type connectors on both ends.

Like the one lower left here:

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
The Bird sells them for $15 each! They just look like they don't fit, I think one end has an adaptor that holds the clip! On the 6 the retaining clip is a spring clip that the metal line pushes against the bracket when tightened down!

Pelican Parts 914-6 Rear Brake Lines

Lets see if this PET can show you #10
Click to view attachment
76-914
i ran into this recently. i was replacing the SS lines w/ rubber. the SS lines had 1/2 union's on each end that reduced the size. remove those unions and screw into place. the slotted end goes on the caliper side. beerchug.gif
lsintampa
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Apr 30 2013, 02:13 PM) *

The Bird sells them for $15 each! They just look like they don't fit, I think one end has an adaptor that holds the clip! On the 6 the retaining clip is a spring clip that the metal line pushes against the bracket when tightened down!

Click to view attachment

That is similar to BMW brake hoses. But where can you get the clip (#10)???

I have the hoses.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Apr 30 2013, 07:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Apr 30 2013, 02:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment

That is similar to BMW brake hoses. But where can you get the clip (#10)???

I have the hoses.

I will look around but I am under construction now so everything is blocked in! Post a WTB in the classifieds! If I have one you can have it for free but you will have to wait!

If you cant wait, and your car had the late model brakes before, you can just order the late hose and use the #9 clip on both sides I guess!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.