Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Parting out a 944 Qs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
preach
I have a line on a 1985 (I think) 944 for less than a grand. I just want the wheels and maybe brakes (if they are an upgrade, etc.) for my 914.

If I purchase the car will I be able to recoup my money and basically get the bits I want for free? If so what site would be best to list the parts?

I have plenty of storage so time is not a huge factor. Pricing would be near fire sale as I'd only want to get back the purchase price.

I have done this many times with old Jeep CJs, Yard off the parts, take what I wanted, sell the rest for the outset.

Is this feasible with a 944?
Andyrew
944 or 944 turbo?

944's are not worth much period and dont have many usable parts (Fuch's wheels might be worth 500 though.

944 parts are not really worth much at all, except pristine interior parts and a running engine/trani. Brakes on a non turbo are single piston sliders and not worth using on a 914.

If you can pick it up for 500 or less than yes maybe. I have walked away from running $500 944's because everything needed to be fixed or replaced..
preach
not a turbo.

TY for the input.
scotty b
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 30 2013, 01:56 PM) *

944 or 944 turbo?

944's are not worth much period and dont have many usable parts (Fuch's wheels might be worth 500 though.

944 parts are not really worth much at all, except pristine interior parts and a running engine/trani. Brakes on a non turbo are single piston sliders and not worth using on a 914.

If you can pick it up for 500 or less than yes maybe. I have walked away from running $500 944's because everything needed to be fixed or replaced..

agree.gif If it's not a turbo, walk away. If they're 8" Fuchs the car would be worth it. They're premium resale to 911 guys. Otherwise buy the wheels you want from somone here or Pelican etc, and save yourself the headache of trying to sell N/A parts to a bunch of broke ass ricer kids dry.gif
preach
Well I should have at least asked more questions about the 944.

I asked about it today. It sold for $600 a week ago, and the bit that is eating me up is it came with 2 sets of rims, one of which was 16" Fuchs.

I just missed a free set of wheels.

fuch me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.