Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1.7 engine w/factory fuel injection.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
horizontally-opposed
Engine is SOLD.

Thanks for your interest!
horizontally-opposed
icon_bump.gif
horizontally-opposed
When I see engine tins alone for $150, methinks this is a good deal for someone.

The case, the heads, the FI system and its components... bye1.gif

And that flywheel...had a 911 clutch disc installed back in 1997~ and that same clutch disc looks new now. Mechanic is pretty sure it will mic out as such, so we'll be using it in my six conversion. So I suspect (though cannot guarantee) that the flywheel is in great shape too.

Would be great to see this engine leave my garage and power someone else's 914 down the road—or serve as the basis for a hot rod Type IV (my original plan).

pete
horizontally-opposed
Price drop to $900, would be great to see this go to a 914world member...
horizontally-opposed
Price drop to $750.

I'd love to give someone the chance to plug it in before it sits too many more weeks!

pete
kkid
you'll get my PM.
Vysoc
For $750.00 sounds like a great deal, look at the Flywheel closely...this engine has been well cared for.

If I was not on a SIX project I would buy it!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
kkid
Our eyes are on your motor, Pete.

How much oil does it leak? And where are the leak coming from?
Are the exhaust studs in good condition?
What was the average MPG when the speedo/odo meter was still working?

Look forward to hearing from you for the above.

Thanks,

kkid smile.gif

B2524
Do you need any parts that you would take as a partial trade?
I'm local in San Jose area.
horizontally-opposed
I see I've missed a few posts here. Sorry, have been on the road a lot lately.

Engine is still there, just like it was, plus a very light dusting of sawdust (sorry!).

To answer your questions: Leaks pretty good (park it in the driveway after it's warm and it will definitely leave a drop). Leave it for weeks and you should have a pan under it. I'll give you my pan, gratis. biggrin.gif But I suspect now would be a great time to chase some of those down.

Again, this has been a solid runner for me. It may be dirty. It may be tired. But it's all there, it runs, and it ALWAYS started easily in my car, even when it had sat for a while. The factory FI is complete and works well. No misses, no driveability issues. May run a bit rich from time to time (I sometimes caught a whiff when slowing down for a stop sign). But it sure ran nice. When I see the prices for some 914 engine parts ($140-150 for engine tins that are not as nice), I have to think this is a pretty good buy for someone as a temp runner (maybe more) or a great core to rebuild into something hotter.

As to comment above, sure enough, I don't like to abuse my stuff. I warm an engine's OIL up before I get on the throttle, and clutches last me 150,000+ miles (actually, I've never replaced one that I started). The clutch disc that came off this engine was installed in the late 1990s and is going into my six conversion. Still looks new.

Phew. Sorry for the book. So, who wants this thing and that nice plastic pallet it's sitting on? confused24.gif

pete
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(kkid @ Jun 6 2013, 08:17 AM) *

Thanks,

kkid smile.gif

No PMs here yet.

But I see more questions. Sorry for the tardy response...

Oil leaks commented on above. Haven't tracked the sources. Engine is very dirty and has been for a long time...and now no way to pick it up easily. I have been told one is related to the oil pump having been changed while the engine was in the car due to access issues that should be easy to address now.

Exhaust studs are all fine to my knowledge. Only good mechanics have worked on this car since I was a dumb teen and snapped one off. That was hell-coiled by a good shop in Berkeley back in the early 1990s and has not given trouble since.

Unlike my dad (one of those by the mpg log types), I just drove my 914 and filled it with gas as needed. Been so long that I used it regularly that I would have a very hard time saying anything with confidence. Sorry, but I don't want to say anything I can't back up.

Have tried to price it as a good, running core with a lot of nice parts in working order, but still in light of a) it's an old engine b) I don't have compression results c) it's a leaker. Let me know if I'm off, but it looks like $750 is pretty fair.

pete
kkid
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jul 14 2013, 05:16 PM) *

QUOTE(kkid @ Jun 6 2013, 08:17 AM) *

Thanks,

kkid smile.gif

No PMs here yet.

But I see more questions. Sorry for the tardy response...

Oil leaks commented on above. Haven't tracked the sources. Engine is very dirty and has been for a long time...and now no way to pick it up easily. I have been told one is related to the oil pump having been changed while the engine was in the car due to access issues that should be easy to address now.

Exhaust studs are all fine to my knowledge. Only good mechanics have worked on this car since I was a dumb teen and snapped one off. That was hell-coiled by a good shop in Berkeley back in the early 1990s and has not given trouble since.

Unlike my dad (one of those by the mpg log types), I just drove my 914 and filled it with gas as needed. Been so long that I used it regularly that I would have a very hard time saying anything with confidence. Sorry, but I don't want to say anything I can't back up.

Have tried to price it as a good, running core with a lot of nice parts in working order, but still in light of a) it's an old engine b) I don't have compression results c) it's a leaker. Let me know if I'm off, but it looks like $750 is pretty fair.

pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for answering my questions as the above.

I've been looking at 2.0L or sorts since there are some around lately.

But one of my friend also have a 1.7 project whose car still wants to go with d-jet. Will keep our eyes on yours just in case his gets stuck somewhere.

Otherwise, good luck on your sale.

I think $750 is a fair price though.

kkid smile.gif

horizontally-opposed
Getting to the point where curiosity may have me start pulling this engine apart to see what it looks like inside. And I am curious.

And that would be a pity for someone who could use a runner...

pete
ChrisFoley
If I was 2500 miles closer I would have taken it already.
This was a good deal at $1000 and an excellent deal at $750.
McMark
Just shipped a motor across the country for <$350. FYI
horizontally-opposed
Bump...

Engine still sitting here, looking for a good home.

Getting to the point I am going to take it apart for the sake of curiosity and start parting it out. That's a pity if someone could use a runner or a truly complete starting point...

Anyone?

pete
horizontally-opposed
icon_bump.gif

So I've been pretty busy and have not been an active seller, but...this engine is still sitting in my garage.

If someone would like a complete, working injection system—i.e., not a bunch of parts in a box from a carb conversion—that they can take off the engine themselves, I am open to offers. After that, I'll part the engine out—or take it to EASY and give it to Jim. Amazed how hard it is to sell this...

Thanks!

pete
horizontally-opposed
... icon_bump.gif
raadeokun
I'm in the bay area and interested , will like to see the motor. Give me a call or your contact number. I can be reached at (510) 290-7999.

Rich
horizontally-opposed
Sale pending...
Garland
Interested in buying. Pm was sent.
horizontally-opposed
Engine is sold.

Thanks for the interest!

pete
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.