Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Customer has a 911 I added a pass mirror to. So, I put on the mirror and the L-R selector and drew up this wirring diagram. I didn't get it finished last night, but I would imagine it works. I just pulled it from a shop manual, this is just easier to read. So if anyone ever installs power mirrors, it isn't too hard to wire them up.

biggrin.gif
mikeyb33
thanks for the info - good stuff.
I have a set of 911 power mirrors on my 914 (not sure if they're heated). Slight problem though: Whatever bozos pulled these out of the previous car, they cut the wires right where they go into the mirrors! headbang.gif

So, I'm curious: Is it possible to take the whole mirror assembly apart somehow, and splice wires or rewire the mirror? (I see just the ends of the wires where they disappear into the 'stalk'/mounting post of the mirror) Or should I just start over & go find another set that wasn't butchered...
Root_Werks
The glass on the mirrors just "pops" off. there are 3 (I think) clips that hold the mirror onto the mirror base. You can simply squeeze a finger in and pull it out. From there, you can remove the motor and put wires back in.

The factory L-R switch is only like $15 so to hook up your mirrors should be more time than money. Sort of a fun project. cool.gif
mikeyb33
excellent... thanks very much for the info.!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.