Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Front Trunk Springs Powder Coated or Replated gold zinc $50
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I had this one pair of front trunk springs medial blasted, polished and gold zinc plated.
I have one pair powder coated and three more pairs available on 5/20.
The coated springs were stretched when powder coated so there are no ridges on the contact points like the original ones.

$50 a pair or either plated or powder coated.

Pat Garvey has first choice.

Bruce
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 1 2013, 08:17 PM) *

I had this pair of front trunk springs medial blasted, polished and gold zinc plated.

I have several more pairs getting blasted and would like to hear if they look better plated of semi gloss powder coated which is closer to original finish.

$50 for this pair.

Bruce

Bruce,

They are gorgeous, but, if I needed some, I'd want the powder coated version. Nice!
Pat
bdstone914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 4 2013, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 1 2013, 08:17 PM) *

I had this pair of front trunk springs medial blasted, polished and gold zinc plated.

I have several more pairs getting blasted and would like to hear if they look better plated of semi gloss powder coated which is closer to original finish.

$50 for this pair.

Bruce

Bruce,

They are gorgeous, but, if I needed some, I'd want the powder coated version. Nice!
Pat

Pat,
I have four more spring sets that have been media blasted and plan to powder coat them. I know that is not original finish and your concern for originality. They can also be wet painted. I develop a way to stretch the springs with a BMW jack so there were blasted clean inside and between the coils. I will have to stretch them for coating so the paint will not lease ridges where the coils contact.
I prefer to powder coat them but will do a wet paint pair for you is you prefer that.
Bruce

Cairo94507
Hi Bruce: I am with Pat on this. Those are beautiful but I would want them stocl looking for my ride. But they do look beautifully finished.
bdstone914
BUMP! powder coated springs pictures added to original post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.