Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am a very lucky man!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tscrihfield
Last night I went to my good friend Dave's house to spend the evening with him and some other Porsche loving folks.

The evening started with a trip to see the progress on his '70 911 that he stripped to have rebuilt. While we were there, we saw some other things that I was not expecting...
IPB Image
This is an RS K center seat. There were very few built and this is the one and only that still has its original body work.
IPB Image
The engine to the RS K which costs more than my house...

Funny side note. Ralph Lauren has a standing offer on this car. What a bragging right eh!

And a car that never gets old.
IPB Image
Just a really awesome car that is still driven regularly. 910 getting prepped for the next event I suppose....

The cherry atop the entire night... At least for me was this 67 911 trans am car. It is one of the earliest factory built 911 race cars and it is so cool! It has all of its original paperwork with factory build sheet, window sticker, manuals and a ton of cool old magazines with photos of it on the track. IMO, one of the coolest cars. But I love early 911s! It was ordered by a dealer in Detroit MI and he started the process in Jan 67. All of his letters to Porsche and from Porsche back to him are with the car... At least copies anyway. Just a neat piece of history!
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
bcheney
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ May 1 2013, 10:39 PM) *

Last night I went to my good friend Dave's house to spend the evening with him and some other Porsche loving folks.

The evening started with a trip to see the progress on his '70 911 that he stripped to have rebuilt. While we were there, we saw some other things that I was not expecting...

This is an RS K center seat. There were very few built and this is the one and only that still has its original body work.

The engine to the RS K which costs more than my house...

Funny side note. Ralph Lauren has a standing offer on this car. What a bragging right eh!

And a car that never gets old.

Just a really awesome car that is still driven regularly. 910 getting prepped for the next event I suppose....

The cherry atop the entire night... At least for me was this 67 911 trans am car. It is one of the earliest factory built 911 race cars and it is so cool! It has all of its original paperwork with factory build sheet, window sticker, manuals and a ton of cool old magazines with photos of it on the track. IMO, one of the coolest cars. But I love early 911s! It was ordered by a dealer in Detroit MI and he started the process in Jan 67. All of his letters to Porsche and from Porsche back to him are with the car... At least copies anyway. Just a neat piece of history!

You are a luck man!!!
tscrihfield
And because I was not going to pass up the ride... And there is no more than a driver seat in the car... I hopped in the back and sat on what would be the rear seats and held onto the roll bar....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6nDHlzq978
FourBlades

I love the 906...910 family!

You scored big time.

John
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(FourBlades @ May 1 2013, 10:48 PM) *

I love the 906...910 family!

You scored big time.

John

agree.gif

Look at that fan on the RSK engine! So freakin badass!
Michael N
My kids (Nolan and Mikayla) both got to experience those cars at the Monterey historics in 2009. what great owners to share this experience with my kids. As time goes on they will truly realize what an experience they had. I switch these photos around as my desk top photos on my computer. Nolan still loves the 910.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.