Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: assembly and break-in lube question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
I have been assembling my 2056 with Brad Penn break in oil on all the parts as I go.

When it is complete and I go to fill the crank case with oil do I run all break in oil or is that just used on assembly?

Is the synthetic snake oil from Raby/gibbs the preferable way to go now? If so does the prelube from assembly with Brad Penn hurt anything?

Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(jmargush @ May 2 2013, 06:34 AM) *

I have been assembling my 2056 with Brad Penn break in oil on all the parts as I go.

When it is complete and I go to fill the crank case with oil do I run all break in oil or is that just used on assembly?

Is the synthetic snake oil from Raby/gibbs the preferable way to go now? If so does the prelube from assembly with Brad Penn hurt anything?

You usually use assembly lube when assembling becuase it stays on/in things better than oil, but not too big a deal. Use the break in oil for when you fire it up and probably the first 500 miles (or whatever they suggest) then switch to your fill of choice.
yeahmag
From my experience Brad Penn Break-In oil turns to practically water after you break in the cam. I'd dump it immediately after the 20 minute break in and run Brad Penn 20w-50 Racing Oil after that.
TheCabinetmaker
I'm with Aaron. 20 minutes and the break in oil is gone.
I use oil on the rings and pistons only. Clevite red assy lube on everything else.
Java2570
Thank you guys, that's good info as I'm about the fire up my rebuild and I'm using Brad Penn break in
oil.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.