Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Houston area get together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie Williams
Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this. I was thinking Dec 9 - Hooters Seabrook. I have a certificate for 200 free wings, so I'm buying the food!
Red-Beard
Works for me. If you want to get together this weekend (wings or not), Dr. Evil will be out here.
Eddie Williams
one other person?
bob174
Dadgummit. Everytime the Houston crowd does something, it's on the 2nd or 4th Thursday of the month, and I work on a water district board that meets on those nights. This proposed shindig is even in my neighborhood! Rats AGAIN! Eddie, do you live in this neck of the woods. I saw a 914 (silver IIRC) in a driveway in Kemah some time back?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eddie Williams @ Nov 24 2004, 11:20 AM)
Hooters Seabrook. I have a certificate for 200 free wings, so I'm buying the food!

damm, that's almost worth the trip ...

that and maybe i run into Nicole Sintihakis wub.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
Eddie Williams
QUOTE(bob174 @ Nov 24 2004, 09:22 PM)
Eddie, do you live in this neck of the woods.

I live near Beaumont. I'm down there (Ellington) for work all the time.
dlee1967
Guy's I am in Louisiana on the 9th, but would love to get together soon. The new V8 car needs to stretch it's legs. There are a bunch of 914 guys around and we could include the Bird Board members just to round things out. If we could get together on a weekend, it might be better for most.

I have lost the office space that we used for the last two swap meets, so we have to come up with another venue for those in the future. David Lee
Eddie Williams
I only suggested a weeknight, because, tha coupon I have is for Mon-Thurs.
Eddie Williams
OK, how about next Thursday? Dec 16th??
dlee1967
I am available on Thursday December the 16th. Are you still providing the wings? DLee
dlee1967
Johan (ride the bike), Richard(please bring the 911 and not the new 944), Paul (soon to be towed back from CA), Sean (is it running and legal yet?) Bob(green), and Bob(white)? Are you in? Maybe we will even see our new Houstonian transplant ....RedBeard. It sounds like I may need to send out an email to the 30+ Houston 914ers on my mailing list if this is a go. DLee
sanman
david its not legal yet cant find the title. last time I saw it was 4mo ago been half-ass looking for it for 2mo. If I go It will be in the F150 or I one of your V8 cars laugh.gif I want to come out but it aint as fun unless you can drive a teener. If it was closer I would drive it any way. Cops look at the car not the tags. I Know seem like HOUSTON would have better turn-out I agree. I think I may have to call the guy I bought it from I CA. Also I dont Know were this place is.
Stutgart46
I should be able to make the 16th but the 9th is out.
DBCooper
Wings? Beer too, right? I'm in.
Eddie Williams
Looks like a date. Dlee, yes I am providing the wings, well up to 200 of 'em. I need to get a quick head count, let's get a list going, say by Monday, so I can call our reservation. Any suggestions on time?? 6:00p?

Is Seabrook ok with the majority? I only suggested it because it's closest for me, and my favorite... coincidence?

Maybe an admin can nail this?
dlee1967
Eddie, give us a time to shoot for and I will email the other 914 owners who don't frequent this board. DLee
Eddie Williams
OK, how does Thursday, December 16, 7:00p, Seabrook Hooters, sound??
Eddie Williams
Bump
Mike D.
Hey, I grew up right there! Just north of Seabrook in La Porte. I'll be in town from Dec. 22 - 28th. If anyone one is interested in meeting for a beer and some wings around that time, Great!
Mike D.
sanman
icon_bump.gif what time? whos all in?
Eddie Williams
6:00 p - Hooter's - Seabrook
Stutgart46
I should be there.
bob174
Are we still on for 6:00, even with the rain? I don't drive mine in the rain (not intentionally anyway).
Eddie Williams
I'm still on. 914-less. I'd say yes, if not just to meet have some wings and a beer. But, judging from the response, and the rain, we just have to blow this off.
Eddie Williams
Cancelled. I good friend of mine had a wreck today, totalled his truck. So I"m going to pull the plug on this.
sanman
ok. are we going to reschedule? If so when?
Eddie Williams
My certificate for 200 wings expires Dec 31st.
Stutgart46
sad.gif Great, now I have to spend time with my wife and kids.
Oh well, maybe next week.
bob174
How about next week, between x-mas and New Year's?
Eddie Williams
Sounds good to me. Let's get a head count of all who are interested.
Bigbohr
I'm game ... got the entire next week off so any weekday should work for me except Friday. Kinda busy that day IPB Image
Eddie Williams
OK, 3 so far. Is the Seabrook Hooters best?
Bigbohr
The one on I-45 & Nasa Rd 1 would be easier for me since I come from the West side (HW6 & I-10).
Eddie, did you send an e-mail or PM to the other people that originally responded to this thread?
Eddie Williams
No I did not send an e-mail. I'm driving from Beaumont, so any in the southeast would be fine. Either Seabrook or NASA. My sister lives in Spring, so 1960 or Woodlands works too. And budy lives up on 290, so out there is good too.
Bigbohr
Guys, let's get together ...
What about Wednesday (12/29) at 6PM in the Hooters on I-45 & Nasa 1?
dlee1967 already said he can be there, hopefully with one of his V8 monsters.
Who else is in?

Hooters of Nasa
281-332-9464
20796 Gulf Freeway
Webster, TX 77598
dlee1967
I'm in and will bring a video camera and digital to capture the "group". The silver V8 more than likely will be the ride of choice, but the new red '72 V8 is will make the trip if I have time to get the plates for it. DLee
Red-Beard
I hope this week will reduce the traffic...

I'm in, but I'll be driving the 911...

914/6 needs to have the accellerator pump diaphragms changed. Leaking fuel in the engine compartment.... IPB Image
Eddie Williams
I've created a new thread, and had it nailed....

New thread here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.