Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flexdam GB Closing Monday 8/5/13
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I have a guy that bough a flexdam some time ago and needs the rubber now. As the rubber is a larger extrusion and there is not much margin on these I didn't do a bunch extra to have sitting on the shelf.
He needs the rubber, and I have to do a significant run to even get it down to this level, so I figured I'd try to get a few others interested to make tis happen.

The tooling is done and has been proven, it's just a matter of having enough interest to make this work. Who's interested?
Harpo
Thank you Mark

Please everyone I need the rubber extension to go along with my flex dam

David
SirAndy
I'm in for a set of both, the dam and the rubber ...
piratenanner.gif
Gudhjem
I'm in for both.
Harpo
How many do you need for this to work?

Thanks again

DAvid
Steve
I just need the rubber... Mine is trashed.
Mike Bellis
I'm in for new rubber.... piratenanner.gif

Is it UV rated?
scott_in_nh
Can we see more pictures from you guys who have a Flexdam?
BuddyV
I might be in for one of both..... would like to see how this looks on a car with flares confused24.gif

Anyone have pics???

BTW - thank you for making all of these cool parts. I have a bunch of your stuff. Always great quality and fair prices.
speed metal army
The Flexdam! No flares though..
Click to view attachment
Marks stuff is top notch!
pjhaun
How long is the rubber part?
Thank You!!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Harpo @ May 2 2013, 05:20 PM) *

How many do you need for this to work?

Thanks again

DAvid

the Flex dams are 10 and the rubber is 20 pieces. The fiberglass should be no problem. I need at least one myself, I'm running it without the rubber, but this is mainly for making the rubber, and I figured a few people need these too, and there were a few of the old flexdams floating around that may need these for those. These are a direct replacement.

If I can get close on the rubber I don't mind throwing a few in inventory and charging a little more for them as needed.
-Mark
wndsrfr
Will it work on Kermee? Here's a pic....in the pond at Roebling....sure needed a dam! How much ground clearance do I need? Kermee is pretty low......
wes
I'd be in for the complete set!
ellisor3
Here is mine. The new design is much better than the first run. The flex dam attaches much easier.
BuddyV
Thank you, Ellisor3...... seems to work on flared fenders.

I am in for one of each.

piratenanner.gif
jesiv
How much for both?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jesiv @ May 3 2013, 01:40 PM) *

How much for both?

It's in the thread title ... shades.gif
rfuerst911sc
Anyone running one of these with a front oil cooler ? Just wondering if there is enough meat to the fiberglass to cut an opening in it for air flow to the cooler and maintain strength ? Also I'm running 993 style brake cooling deflectors is there still enough air flow under the car for brake cooling to still be good ? I may be in for a set based on the replies to my questions. Thanks for continuing to make parts for these vintage cars. beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
Here is mine without the rubber!
JStroud
I'll take a set, dam and rubber

Thanks
Jeff
Mikey914
Just wanted to follow up on this.

The rubber will retrofit onto the earlier dams. So if you have a dam already you can mount to it.

The rubber is a more UV stable (than the organic rubber) and is compounded to be lighter and more durable that the original version 1st available in the 80's.

As far as fitting on car with an oil cooler cut out, yes it will fit, but you will need to cut it. the fiberglass is stout enough to support the rubber and you can make a modified opening using a light gauge sheet metal.

It looks like I need a few more interested parties to make this work.
blitZ
What the heck, I'll have a set. Both damn and rubber.
I will be in for just the lower Rubber piece.

This should work nicely with a dam that had a splitter on it. My holes are already pre-drilled..
Rleog
I'm in for a set, both dam and rubber, thanks.
FlatSix
I'd like just the rubber please.
Mikey914
Looks like enough interest to pull the trigger on the rubber, it'll go into production next week, and I'll have in about 3 weeks.

The flexdams themselves are rolling out starting today. I have 2 dams only ready to ship.
Mikey914
treborzerimar
and
Steve
added from old thread
PanelBilly
One of each for me please. Now I don't need to figure out how to flare the metal one
NS914
Hi Jeff, I would be good for both and thanks so much for making these parts. Grant
B2524
i'll take one of each.
PM with payment details when they are ready.
Thanks
Kent
Mikey914
QUOTE(NS914 @ May 31 2013, 06:14 AM) *

Hi Jeff, I would be good for both and thanks so much for making these parts. Grant

Mark actually but I answer to Mikey also,
THX
PlaysWithCars
These look to be exactly what I've been looking for. I'm in for one fiberglass dam and 2 rubbers (seems these are a consumable w/ limited supply, might as well put one in inventory). PM me w/ price and shipping to 98038.
Mike Bellis
My old rubber is falling off. I need new rubber!

When will it be ready? confused24.gif
Mikey914
I actually got a novel idea and posted links to all my group buys with anticipated dates on parts.

I noted the fiberglass is available now and the rubber shortly.

Open threads with product shipping -

Title -Flexdam GB reopened, Flexdams at $105 rubber at $55
Anticipated product - Airdams in stock - Rubber 6/19-20

So 6/19-20th

Thanks for checking.
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif

stateofidleness
Hey Mark,
Too late to get in on this? I'd be in for both a dam and rubber.

couple questions:
- how does it actually mount to the chrome bumper?
- is all hardware included?
- is that price with/without shipping?
- how do I pay?

smile.gif

Thanks!!
Mikey914
Thanks for asking here's your answers -
Too late to get in on this? I'd be in for both a dam and rubber.
---No, I will be sending out PMs very shortly as these are supposed to be ready this week.

couple questions:
- how does it actually mount to the chrome bumper?
---No. it mounts like the lower valance with screws

- is all hardware included?
---Yes, I include the 5 screws and washers for the fiberglass section with purchase.
I also include 9 carriage bolts with washers and nuts to mount to the flexdam.

Is that price with/without shipping?
---Shipping varies with location, so these are quoted without shipping. I will be sending PMs asking for your zip code to quote shipping.

- how do I pay?
I'll send you a PM requesting your zip code and respond with a quoted shipping cost.

let me know if you need anything else, I'll be sending these as soon as I get the extrusion date.
-Mark
NS914
Let me know as well re PM with payment details when they are ready.
Thanks again,
Grant
Mikey914
these are close I should have next week beerchug.gif
Mikey914
The rubber is done and these are shipping I'm keeping the GB ope for another 14 days, so if you want one let me know.
Mike Bellis
Got my rubber today! piratenanner.gif

Top quality and night & day difference from the original rubber!

Thanks Mark!!!
Mike Bellis
Double post
PlaysWithCars
Got mine this week! Air dam and flexible rubber. Parts look great, can't wait to put them on. Maybe this weekend...
NS914
Can't wait to get mine! Mark is a great guy to deal with...very prompt and helpful re shipping etc. Grant
Steve
I got mine!! Thanks!!
Mikey914
You may have noticed that I included the mounting hardware biggrin.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 5 2013, 09:16 AM) *

You may have noticed that I included the mounting hardware biggrin.gif

What a nice guy!!!
aktion035.gif
stateofidleness
Mark,
I see others have received their's. Can you PM me with shipping details on mine?

Thanks!
Mikey914
I'm closing out the GB 8/5 One week left!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.