Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Third Member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hedgehog
I watched the video and still screwed up.....it said not to mess with the third member and I didn't realize it was so sensitive....I thought I saw a piece of metal inside and tried to dig it out...that's when the spiders (i think they are the spiders) rolled 90 degrees ... and now i can't get them back

siverson
Hmmm... I've been re-reading the same posts about 914s on 914 Internet boards for the past 15+ years or so now, but I have NO IDEA what you are talking about. smile.gif

-Steve
hedgehog
QUOTE(siverson @ May 2 2013, 08:42 PM) *

Hmmm... I've been re-reading the same posts about 914s on 914 Internet boards for the past 15+ years or so now, but I have NO IDEA what you are talking about. smile.gif

-Steve

the third member in the transaxle.....i'm in the process of converting a tailshifter to a side shifter.... if i could just figure out how to add pictures i would add a couple
hedgehog
QUOTE(hedgehog @ May 2 2013, 08:38 PM) *

I watched the video and still screwed up.....it said not to mess with the third member and I didn't realize it was so sensitive....I thought I saw a piece of metal inside and tried to dig it out...that's when the spiders (i think they are the spiders) rolled 90 degrees ... and now i can't get them back

Click to view attachment
hedgehog

Click to view attachment
mrbubblehead
its a PIA. a friend came over and was messing with my differential and did the same thing. i tried and tried and ended up disassembling and reassembling. i just could not get the spider gears to rotate back. just drive the roll pin out of the block.
hedgehog
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ May 2 2013, 09:46 PM) *

its a PIA. a friend came over and was messing with my differential and did the same thing. i tried and tried and ended up disassembling and reassembling. i just could not get the spider gears to rotate back. just drive the roll pin out of the block.

do you know if there is some type of spring tention in there or should they (theoretically) just roll back in place....was it easy to do after you drove the pin out...?
Dr Evil
No springs no tension. You should be able to spin it back around on the inside. If you like, ship it to me and I will get it back together for you....it sucks for me to do as well, but I at least have had to a few times. smile.gif
hedgehog
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2013, 02:58 PM) *

No springs no tension. You should be able to spin it back around on the inside. If you like, ship it to me and I will get it back together for you....it sucks for me to do as well, but I at least have had to a few times. smile.gif

wow...I appreciate the offer but im just not quite ready to give up....im a little stubborn about learning how to do things like this....i may take you up on that in a few days....any tips on what the process is to get it to roll back....mrbubbllehead suggested taking out the roll pin, have you tried that manuvere...
Dr Evil
I would not further disassemble it. The gears are harder to align when fully disassembled. Currently you have the two gears on the shaft that are aligned. That is 2 more than if you tore it apart.
mrbubblehead
"i" would disassemble it. its a heck of alot easier.
Dr Evil
Not from its current state. It is almost done, things need to be pushed in a specific way. Once the loose gears fall out, you basically have to completely remove the shaft an stuff to start over.
hedgehog
YAAAHOOOO......!!!!!! I GOT IT......I kept in mind that all the gears need to be lined up, so i would move one side then the other....and while trying to hold them in place I would tap the block on the shaft to line that up also...eventually they work over and rolled in......thanks for the help....!!!! :
Dr Evil
thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.