Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914/6 (conversion) with rebuilt 2.2l engine - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
TimMartin
I spent a lot of time on this car in the mid-2000s. But with two kids, and moving out to a house on a gravel road I realize I shouldn't have this car anymore. I don't have time to enjoy it, much less work on it (which is what i really loved.)
  • California car: stiff, strong, and not rusted through anywhere.
  • Nice paint job (previous owner did this)
  • Completely rebuilt '65 911 2 liter engine with 2.2e pistons and cylinders.
  • Relocated battery to front trunk
  • AutoX springs for the back, matching torsion bars for the front.
  • Electric fuel pump
  • Rebuilt brakes
  • Hand-built 906-style combo gauge with oil temp, pressure, and gas.
  • Custom leather steering wheel and aluminum shifter, but also have originals of both
  • Bursch performance headers, but also have original 6 headers with heater boxes (some rust)
  • New in-box sport complete clutch kit, and complete cable replacement kit
  • Customized wheels with really slick machined hub caps (check the photos)
  • Lots more work, I can't even remember!
  • Lots of spare parts, in lots of boxes, all over my garage and in the car.
This was an old site i made to show the work that went into it.
http://talking-dog.com/tim/914/

177k miles on the tub, but the important thing is that I haven't driven it more than a couple thousand miles since rebuilding the engine. I drove it to work for a few years (8 miles a day) and to a few autocross events a year for two years. Mostly it's been garaged and hardly used. I hadn't started it in 3 years or so, i went and put a new battery in it and it started right up. Surely it'll need a tune up and some attention, but it's a strong engine and a strong body.

Asking $9500, OBO.

Note: It is currently tuned for autox and acceleration. Runs rich, especially right off idle. It has a few small cosmetic items that i'm sure a new owner would want to polish and unfortunately the tach is broken. I have a second one for spare parts but I think PA Speedo could fix it for under 100.

IPB Image
Lectronix
PM sent.
FourBlades

This is a really good deal for the money!

Good luck with the sale.

John
Cairo94507
THat seems like a very reasonable price. Somebody snap this up quickly.
TimMartin
The s/n of the engine. It's a 901/1 from 1965:
Click to view attachment

The battery acid reservoir (battery isn't located here anymore wink.gif There is some dirt, dust and what-have-you. I haven't cleaned it up at all and the dust and cobwebs have taken over.
Click to view attachment

Below, the floor pan and bits below where the battery normally destroys everything:
Click to view attachment
AlanG
Email sent.
spicymustard
Hi Tim,

Just sent you an email. I'm local and would love to see it. Very interested.

Jason
xpensivewino
Ummm...a 65 901 engine case is worth more than this whole car, someone buy this please!!!
carr914
Sounds like a Very Good Deal
Lectronix
I'm trying to.
tangerinetea
pm sent...
spicymustard
The PM system is not working or something

Hey Tim,

Thought i would try to contact you one more time. Very interested in the car. Please give me a call or let me know how to get in tough with you.

Jason
spicymustard@gmail.com
billh1963
I bet he has a had a lot of responses. This is a good deal if the engine runs strong.
TimMartin
FYI: Sale Pending… I'll repost if it falls through.
TimMartin
QUOTE(TimMartin @ May 23 2013, 12:28 PM) *

FYI: Sale Pending… I'll repost if it falls through.

Fully sold. Thanks for all the interest!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.