Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aux Air Vavle AAR Testing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
So I am chasing a high idle around 1700 rpm, I read some threads and thought this might be it, I should have pinch it off to confirm, but I didn't I thought this was it , so I yanked it out last weekend and soaked it since in PB blaster. When I hot wire the valve, I can see it close, but I wanted to make sure it sealed, so I stuck my mity-vac tester on the lower (output) side of the tube to see if I could hold a vacuum while it is being hot wired closed, it would not any vacuum, so is my valve junk even though it closes and opens fine. And is it suppose seal shut and hold a vacuum or the vacuum test is not a good check. I live in so cal, the AAR valve is for fast idle correct ? I might just cap off the tube on the intake plenum and move on or is it necessary and I should attempt to locate a working one.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks always World !!
Ted
timothy_nd28
Just cap and remove it, unless you experience freezing temperatures in your area.
TheCabinetmaker
If you can blow thru it, its not closed. It should beclosed above about 60 degrees f. You probably don't need it. Cap it off and forget it. If you have a freak cold snap in the 40s, plug it back in
r_towle
I live in Boston, removed it years ago, car still starts in the winter.
913B
Those are good information. Thanks for the input guys. I think I will cap it off then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.