Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've joined in as a 914 owner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
callplatinum
Brought her home today.
The guy I bought it from has had it for the past 15 years.
It is in pretty good shape, needs some attention here ans there, but runs great, drives fantastic for a 40 year old car.

IPB Image
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(callplatinum @ May 4 2013, 09:58 PM) *

Brought her home today.
It is in pretty good shape, needs some attention here ans there, but runs great, drives fantastic for a 40 year old car.

IPB Image

welcome.png

Very nice looking car! Bought my first 914 4 years ago and enjoyed the learning process about these cars. You will find this forum most helpful!

And share some more pictures! Where are you from?

Phil
callplatinum
Snohomish WA.. 20 miles north of Seattle.

Lots of rural twisty roads around here.

Picked the car up today and she ran great on a couple of trips on those twisty roads.

Looking forward to working out the few bugs, and replacing and adding a few missing parts.

I found it while working in a clients home.

I'm really pleased!

IPB Image
rick 918-S
welcome.png
Kaduku
Looks great with those wheels! aktion035.gif

JimN73
Nice color, too.
JawjaPorsche
Awesome! Nice Score! beerchug.gif

welcome.png
callplatinum
It was meant to be.. Yellow has always been my favorite color. But I'd never have it on a modern every day car like my F150.
The car was at one time red, I told the guy, had he not painted it Yellow I would have not inquired on the car. Ha Ha.

That said, via email with the owner, he really down played the car. Was open with any flaws. After the test drive before agreeing to buy I knew this would be by car.

This afternoon I did open it up a bit. And she really impressed me. Tranny and Clutch will take some getting use to as will be the brake. I've yet to stall it, but I guess I'm not use to R being in the proper place. and the weight of the brakes and clutch.
That said, I have never owned a SPORTS CAR. Closest I ever got was a 76 toyota celica GT ( 1990ish ) great car.
So I'm all smiles.
I have to say, I'm 40 and growing up I disliked these cars, liked the 911, 944, 928, and ever the 924 kinda.
Now, I'm not sure I'd want a 924, 944, perhaps a 928 just love that style, and the traditional look of the 911s etc.
I wonder who else disliked the 914 but now really dig them?
callplatinum
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ May 4 2013, 07:40 PM) *

Awesome! Nice Score! beerchug.gif

welcome.png

WOW JAWJA.. your car is amazing!
Very impressed!
mdelwiche
QUOTE(callplatinum @ May 4 2013, 06:58 PM) *

Brought her home today.

IPB Image

Beautiful Ride... Inspiration for me to get mine put back together...I think these cars look great in yellow!
KELTY360
welcome.png

Welcome to the madness. You chose wisely for your first spots car. There's a good group of guys up here who like to play with these little cars. Be sure to check out the Tuesday Teener thread for info on when we get together. Don't be a stranger.

teener tuesday
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
914Sixer
Welcome to the MADNESS!!!!! welcome.png
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome, and congrats. Nice car.

What's with the 75/73 thread title? It's obviously a 75/76.
callplatinum
1975 car with a 1973 engine.
914itis
Now backdate the bumpers and you have a 73.
welcome.png
TheCabinetmaker
Hmm, that means my car is a 73/74/75/76.

I think I'm having an identity crisis.
struckn
welcome.png

Congrats on finding your car. If you like it now, and have not done so yet, take the top off on a nice day and drive it, it's even better. You'll understand then why we call them Street Legal Go Carts.

bye1.gif
callplatinum
We were blessed with great weather this weekend.

I put about 80 miles on it yesterday with the top off.

It was great, I buy raw milk from a dairy about 15 miles from here, nice rural twisty road from my house to the dairy and back.

This is my new Milk Run car.. HA HA

johnpierre
Awesome...
I really like that your sail has no vinyl. going to remove mine as soon as I can. Great looking car...
Chris Pincetich
beerchug.gif
welcome.png
Mr.242
Welcome to the PNW Group! Come join us sometime.

welcome.png
914werke
welcome.png

That car looks familiar sunglasses.gif
mstein95
I was gonna ask if that was Rich's old car - with 2056 iirc.
Very Nice - congrats.

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.