Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no thread on this 914-6 yet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vortrex
what does everyone think of this one?

eBay 914-6 FOR SALE
Joe Bob
Nice but not worth 20+K.....
SirAndy
nice car, but Concourse? he can be glad i wasn't a judge ...

"Sport exhaust. Adjustable front sway bar. Turbo tie rod ends. Stainless steel brake lines. Engine is a 2.4E with 200 hp"

plus, he didn't tell that it was repainted. hopefully the original color, but definately a repaint ...

idea.gif Andy
tod914
Looks nice. Andy, what led you to believe it was repainted? Tough to tell from the pictures. The areas like the serial number in the front trunk and plate are still metal. Not to say it can't be masked.
boxstr
Talked to the owner, reserve is $24,000.
CCLINEBAY
Red-Beard
K&N Rain shields instead of filter
No heat (Heater hoses missing)
15x6 Fuchs (Should be 14s)
wrong engine
Euro Taillights & turnsignals
Center caps on the wheels either missing or painted black (look like they are missing)
Front trunk board missing
inflatable front tire from a 911
Wrong seats
ABS Dash cover
non-original radio
no battery cover
Something funky about the passenger side speaker
Speedo reset
michel richard
2.4 E will put some serious power down on the pavement, but I doubt it is 200 hp, especially with carbs, as opposed to MFI. Whatever the actual number, it is probably a rocket ship.

Michel Richard
914 2.2 E MFI
vortrex
I think it looks like a nice car, but "The best mechanics" and there is a top to a can of spray paint being used to cap something off in the engine pic!?
michel richard
Not quite sure what you are refering to. Are you sure you are not looking at the coil ?
Red-Beard
They are capping off the blower vents for the heat, off the fan shroud.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 24 2004, 05:34 PM)
Andy, what led you to believe it was repainted? Tough to tell from the pictures.

the front shock towers are white ...

all original /6 came with the shock towers in black.
wink.gif Andy
tod914
Not sure I follow you. I see the cadium plated metal components. The top struts seem not to be painted. Shouldn't the surrounding area of metal be body color being it is part of the body?
SirAndy
QUOTE(tod914 @ Nov 24 2004, 07:14 PM)
Shouldn't the surrounding area of metal be body color being it is part of the body?

no. all factory /6 cars had the area around the top of the shocks painted black (on top of whatever body color).
the black paint is sort of thick, almost like undercoating.

lemmy see if i can dig up a picture ...
wink.gif Andy
tod914
Cool thanks Andy. I never knew that or took notice.
mskala
It is some kind of thick stuff like andy said.

Here is a pic of the remnants of it (gets destroyed
after front aligning)
SirAndy
ok, kind of hard to see in this pic, but when you look closely at the top of the shock tower, you can see that it is painted black.
not the shock but the actual body metal around it.
the car in the pic had been sitting for 20 years, that's why it is so dirty, but it was the original paint ...

i have seen this many times now, every factory /6 i have seen that still had the original paint had those blacked out shock towers ...

wink.gif Andy

IPB Image
redshift
No... no... only on the VWs..

laugh.gif

M
vortrex
QUOTE(michel richard @ Nov 24 2004, 07:03 PM)
Not quite sure what you are refering to. Are you sure you are not looking at the coil ?

here..

again, I think it is a nice car, but stuff like this really makes you question the concours quality.
redshift
No man... those are parts of the on board C/W emergency painting system... it's timed.

Every 15 minutes, it puts a clean coat of paint on the rain shields, so you never have to look at that dusty muck.

laugh.gif

It's pine scented krylon.

M
hargray2
Needs flares and a V8. Sell the six, get the flares and V8, and pay off half the car. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.