Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who says you need a big lot for AX?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
biggrin.gif

http://70.85.8.234/~exbyte/media/videos/bd...85f26fcebb5.wmv

Some nice driving
xsboost90
someone else posted this before, hella driving skills...
skline
I bet he doesnt have a problem with parking. just spin it around and land where he wants. Pretty cool.
JeffBowlsby
That is an ART. Its POETRY. Its BALLET using a car. And it no doubt about it, it hones ones driving skills.

Isn't that the purpose of AX...to improve ones driving skills or is it a race? wink.gif

With our nimble little cars, why don't we have that format here in the USA? I saw the recent clip of the Mini doing a simlar thing...revolving around a fixed pylon etc. Could a 914 do that?

I really like that and would think about trying it with my 914 if given the opportunity.

Others can do what they want with their cars, and I won't criticize, but this is my viewpoint. I did the AX at the WCC04 and it was fun, but frankly I don't think I would do it again. It was nothing more than a controlled slide fest (street tires). It was all about how fast one could go and not smash cones. Better than Nascar, sure MUCH better, and it does have some value in honing driving skills, but I think it just simply beats the cars to pieces and abuses them, which I am not in favor of. I appreciate these cars and want to see them enjoyed into perpetuity and not purposefully destroyed. Anyone else feel this way?
jd74914
I saw a guy with a miata trying that in an extremely small parking lot one day. Only problem was, he had no roll bar and his car looked like it was going to flip. Problem number two was that my dad and I were testing the limits of our 911, and because we feared for our lives.
Joe Ricard
Just so happens I was screwing around after my Morning drive. stopped at the hig school parking lot and was practicing driving with 2 feet. Pivot cone 3rd gear to 2nd down shift and brake with left foot while gassing with right. This ony got my feet tangled up. need more practice.
jimtab
It's a lot of things but it isn't an autox, it's called a gymkana and it used to be common to have them along with autox and other events, rallye etc in the "old days" before 1970. Gymkana used to be a fixture at the speed week at Lake Tahoe. Requires more skill than autox in my opinion. JIm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.