Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
Time for a new fuel pump. Looking quickly @ Ebay I see all types listed for my engine ('75 2.0) such as this:
EBAY Pump
It also lists it as for normally aspirated engine. What gives here and what PSI should I be looking for?
Bosch original sells for $250+ but I don't think I need a pump that is that good do I?
Tx
speed metal army
I have 2 pumps,one brand new,the other a good working unit.Both Bosch.Came off my '76. $75+shipping a piece!Plus im in Canada... shades.gif You have FI still, I take it?
Cap'n Krusty
Check witth NAPA for that pump. A year ago they were under 30 bucks.

The Cap'n
speed metal army
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 5 2013, 10:13 PM) *

Check witth NAPA for that pump. A year ago they were under 30 bucks.

The Cap'n

The Bosch pumps were 30 Bux? Crap where was I? I paid $120 for mine. sad.gif
Hey Quick edit!
You want the used one?Free+shipping.That beats NAPA all day long. smile.gif PM me and its yours.
tracks914
Cheapest I could get here in Canada... $120+tax.
Just ordered one from Rock Auto... $70 shipping included.
914Sixer
I picket up a Bosch pump in a AC Delco box for $69.95 on Ebay.I think the guy still has one left.
Drums66
.....C'mon,....support your brethren idea.gif
(not some shady suitcase business)
bye1.gif
iamchappy
If it's intermittent sometimes the 25 amp fuse in the relay box is all that needs to be cleaned up, they heat up at times because of resistance from getting gunked up, it's an easy fix if thats what it is, i would check it and see if it solves the problem.
timothy_nd28
Since you're messing with the relay box, go ahead and double check the multipin connectors.
tracks914
I tried jumpering it with a 12v battery. Sometimes it works sometimes not. It sat in the car for 23 years and varnished up. I was able to get it working and it ran fine for the first summer. The following spring it was seized up again and I had to free it up. Its been good since but this spring it only ran for one ride and luckily it died in my driveway. I think its just time for a new one.
tracks914
Fuel pump came in a couple days ago. Put it in, car fired up right away. Good enough for me. No need for a $350 Bosch pump.
Kraftwerk
( ...typical hi-jack : ) What about finding a cheap new 1.7 pump?
JawjaPorsche
New three prong pumps are rare and expensive. When mine went, I converted to two prong pump. Much cheaper and it works just the same.
tracks914
I have 2 spare 3 "prong" pumps and just remembered... I sold my 72 and don't need them anymore.
914Sixer
This might sound silly but have you checked the tank screen. Could be floating debris at or near screen blocking fuel flow. Is the filter new?
tracks914
Pump wasn't running even when jumpered with 12V. Car runs fine with new pump. Tx anyways.
davep
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 6 2013, 12:03 PM) *

Cheapest I could get here in Canada... $120+tax.
Just ordered one from Rock Auto... $70 shipping included.

Doug, do you have a link to the Rock Auto part, or at least a part #?
A friend is looking for a pump for a 73.
tracks914
Performance Electric - PRF P38 - $46.79 + shipping + Customs + Duty = ~$70
Nice Red one... :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.