Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Header/HE flow performance question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
So I have searched around for information regarding how well different heat exchangers/ headers flow. The overwhelming consensus seems to be that 1.7/1.8 HE (actually OBX since they don't fit) are by far the worst and tangerine headers are the best. That info is readily available however what about all of the others? What is the word on everything else?

Does my below impression seem accurate? Listed from highest flowing to lowest

Heat exchangers
1. SSI
2. 2.0
3. 1.7/1.8

Headers
1. Tangerine
2. Triad West = Euro race
3. Kerry Hunter
4. OBX (won't even fit)
Dave_Darling
Actually, the 75-76 exhaust is the worst. I personally don't think there's much difference between the 1.7 and 2.0 exhausts, but the late-style one is pretty horrible.

--DD
tornik550
Whats the word on headers? I know tangerine are considered the best however what about the others?

7TPorsh
how about throwing some mufflers in the mix...bursch, bannanarama
sean_v8_914
stainless SSI heat exchangers are teh best bang for teh buck if you can find good used units. they have larger ID than any of the stock HEs
the best combo for them is the Bursch 4-2-2-1 muffler

SSI in 1.7/1.8 type flow about the same as teh 2.0 SSI (same ID)
a used bursch 1.7/1.8 will be cheaper than a 2.0

stock 75/76 IS THE WORST exheaust to have

OBX is a curse I would not even wish upon satan himself..run away!

any of teh 4 ito 1 headers like Kerry hunter or triad will hurt low and mid rpm torque

tangerine racing header is the best 914 header I know of. it is a 4-2-2- extractor. someday I might own one
tornik550
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ May 8 2013, 02:34 PM) *

stainless SSI heat exchangers are teh best bang for teh buck if you can find good used units. they have larger ID than any of the stock HEs
the best combo for them is the Bursch 4-2-2-1 muffler

SSI in 1.7/1.8 type flow about the same as teh 2.0 SSI (same ID)
a used bursch 1.7/1.8 will be cheaper than a 2.0

stock 75/76 IS THE WORST exheaust to have

OBX is a curse I would not even wish upon satan himself..run away!

any of teh 4 ito 1 headers like Kerry hunter or triad will hurt low and mid rpm torque

tangerine racing header is the best 914 header I know of. it is a 4-2-2- extractor. someday I might own one

How about Kerry Hunter vs. Triad vs. Euro race?
Alapone
Has anyone been able to contact Kerry hunter? The phone number listed on the website is out of service and there is noone responding to emails.

QUOTE(tornik550 @ May 5 2013, 09:33 PM) *

So I have searched around for information regarding how well different heat exchangers/ headers flow. The overwhelming consensus seems to be that 1.7/1.8 HE (actually OBX since they don't fit) are by far the worst and tangerine headers are the best. That info is readily available however what about all of the others? What is the word on everything else?

Does my below impression seem accurate? Listed from highest flowing to lowest

Heat exchangers
1. SSI
2. 2.0
3. 1.7/1.8

Headers
1. Tangerine
2. Triad West = Euro race
3. Kerry Hunter
4. OBX (won't even fit)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.