Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: Weber 40 IDA 3C sweatshirt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moparrob
So I decided I want a new sweatshirt and figured it would be cool (to me) to have an image of a Weber 40 IDA 3C carb on it, of which two reside on my 3.0 litre engine in my six conversion:

IPB Image

So I dug around the internet and could not find any for sale, but I did find a stock exploded view - but of low quality.

IPB Image

I guess I would settle for that, but no one makes that either , as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have any suggestions where to buy one, or how to have one made?

I have seen custom sweatshirt sites but you would need to have a high(er) res image to send them, which I can't seem to find.

Doesn't one of our member make t-shirts? Perhaps he can be bribed/persuaded to do a run?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
moparrob
I'm going to have this one made up, but I was hoping for something a bit more, um, dramatic? Bolder?

IPB Image

Mark Henry
Is everyone building 3.0's?

Engine specs please drooley.gif
moparrob
stock 1978 large port 3.0, upgraded turbo cam chain tensioners, stripped the fuel injection, added refurbished Weber 40 IDA 3C carbs (thanks to Paul at Performance Oriented), Barry Hershon rebuilt/re-curved distributor distributor, stock cams (for now), ceramic coated conversion headers from Marty at MSDS, liberal dose of powder coating, conversion oil cooler.

That's about it. Should be good for 200 HP.
Mark Henry
Sounds nice, those carbs must have cost you but at least you can bolt those puppies on and forget about it.
do you know what emulsion tubes and venturi's you are running?
GeorgeRud
Should be a nice runner. The SC cams and P/C don't allow you to run as wild a cam, though I've heard that a 964 grind is better without swapping out the pistons.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 6 2013, 06:00 AM) *

Should be a nice runner. The SC cams and P/C don't allow you to run as wild a cam, though I've heard that a 964 grind is better without swapping out the pistons.

I was going to mention the same thing. Kind of like how an SC cam works better on a 2.7 that still has the old P/C in there. Maybe he's saving up that couple hundred for a future all-out rebuild?
BTW that engine looks really nice!
GeorgeRud
I guess I'm old school, but I think these engines always look best with the Weber carbs or the MFI system on board. I love the drivability of modern EFI systems, but they just don't look as nice (well, maybe the PMO system is still quite nice!).
6freak
QUOTE(moparrob @ May 5 2013, 07:53 PM) *

stock 1978 large port 3.0, upgraded turbo cam chain tensioners, stripped the fuel injection, added refurbished Weber 40 IDA 3C carbs (thanks to Paul at Performance Oriented), Barry Hershon rebuilt/re-curved distributor distributor, stock cams (for now), ceramic coated conversion headers from Marty at MSDS, liberal dose of powder coating, conversion oil cooler.

200 seems like a low guess ???... nice work BTW
smile.gif maybe group buy in the shirts im in
Mark Henry
Crap I was thinking mine was going to be just over 200hp...I might be off a bit...
mskala
I bought this design in a t-shirt version, but you can buy a sweatshirt.
Click to view attachment
http://www.cafepress.com/+hooded_sweatshirt,237708554
moparrob
QUOTE(mskala @ May 6 2013, 09:30 AM) *

I bought this design in a t-shirt version, but you can buy a sweatshirt.
Click to view attachment
http://www.cafepress.com/+hooded_sweatshirt,237708554

Thanks, I did see that one in my search but the image is actually on the back - not the front. Also, I would like something a bit more 'realistic' if possible.
rgalla9146

Hi
Hate to pile on but please provide as much carb info as possible.
Venturies, jets, emulsions, air corrections and anything else you can think of.
Thank you
Rory
Luke M
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 6 2013, 10:12 AM) *

Hi
Thank you
Rory

I second that.. I'm in the same spot as Rory over here.. 83 3.0 with Weber 40's going into my brothers 914.. Plus any other things that you came across as a possible issue.. like wire harness or ignition. I'm aware of the clutch problem fitting onto a 901.. Got a PMS flywheel/disc kit coming.

TIA,

Luke
moparrob
QUOTE(Luke M @ May 6 2013, 12:42 PM) *

Hi
Thank you
Rory

I second that.. I'm in the same spot as Rory over here.. 83 3.0 with Weber 40's going into my brothers 914.. Plus any other things that you came across as a possible issue.. like wire harness or ignition. I'm aware of the clutch problem fitting onto a 901.. Got a PMS flywheel/disc kit coming.

TIA,

Luke

Sorry about the delayed response guys - work has been busy..

Specs: 34 Main Venturies, 140 Main Jet, 160 Air Correction Jet, 60 Idle Jet, F3 emulsion tubes

Talk to perry@qsnap.com for a custom wiring loom. He helped me to bypass my old relay panel and built a custom loom for the new distributor and MSD box. Awesome work!

rgalla9146
QUOTE(moparrob @ May 10 2013, 08:47 PM) *

Hi
Thank you
Rory

TIA,

Luke

Specs: 34 Main Venturies, 140 Main Jet, 160 Air Correction Jet, 60 Idle Jet, F3 emulsion tubes

Talk to perry@qsnap.com for a custom wiring loom. He helped me to bypass my old relay panel and built a custom loom for the new distributor and MSD box. Awesome work!

Thank you for the specs.
Can you tell us ( I assume you've driven the car ) if there were adjustments to the carbs after driving it initally ? I'm not asking about mixture or balance but rather any jet changes, emulsions venturies etc.
I ask because Bruce Anderson (RIP) specs 160 mains and 175 air corrections as a startup.
Were changes done as a result of dyno tuning ?
TIA
Rory
patssle
QUOTE(moparrob @ May 5 2013, 06:53 PM) *

Are you me? Almost exact same thing here except with an '81 SC 3.0L. Recurved with Barry, Paul cleaned up my 40IDA3C carbs, headers from MSDS, oil cooler conversion from Rich Johnson. I swapped the Bosch ignition for a MSD.

Just waiting for my 2nd garage to be built (foundation/driveway poured this past week) and I'll have the room to start the conversion - everything else is ready to go!
moparrob

Thank you for the specs.
Can you tell us ( I assume you've driven the car ) if there were adjustments to the carbs after driving it initally ? I'm not asking about mixture or balance but rather any jet changes, emulsions venturies etc.
I ask because Bruce Anderson (RIP) specs 160 mains and 175 air corrections as a startup.
TIA
Rory

Unfortunately the engine has not yet been installed. Hopefully that will happen this summer as I may have found someone to help me get it to the finish line....

Mark Henry
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 11 2013, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(moparrob @ May 10 2013, 08:47 PM) *

Hi
Thank you
Rory

TIA,

Luke

Thank you for the specs.
TIA
Rory

This jet info is OK to know as a baseline, but be sure that till you have actually tuned the carbs you will not know it's exact jetting requirements. Every engine will have different jetting requirements.
I used this info to buy 34mm vents and F3 emulsion tubes (and rebuild kits) today. I'll be using a wide band to tune my carbs, with my WB and jet reamer kit I'll make my own jets.

That said the Performance Oriented guesstimate on jetting comes from a lot of experience and I bet will be damn close.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.