Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Compartment Lid ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
K9Torro
Can anyone tell me the cause of the engine compartment lid not closing flush on the driver's side it is sticking up about 1 inch tapering off to flush on the passenger side of the car. Can't figure out how to post a pic.
Bruce Allert
Unless the lid is bent it's outta adjustment. I've always had a beotch of a time getting mine aligned but it can be done with trial & error.... mostly errors smash.gif

.....b
SirAndy
make sure the hinge is not broken. when they start cracking, the lid gets all bend out of shape because the hinge is flexing along the crack.
also, make sure the 2 rubber stops are the correct height and don't interfere with the lid. adjust them by turning if needed.
oh, and check the length of the hinge for the lock. it's also adjusteable and might be too long right now, causing the lid to stay too high.

lastly, the lid itself might just be bend. you can bend them back fairly easy by hand ...
wink.gif Andy
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 25 2004, 12:43 AM)
make sure the hinge is not broken. when they start cracking, the lid gets all bend out of shape because the hinge is flexing along the crack.

Yup! had to do it. Always has to break where welding is hard headbang.gif

....b
K9Torro
Thanks Bruce and Andy boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.