Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to do it.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I added a counter at the top of the page for WCR. It's time for you to go sign up. No excuses. I want to see all 14,432 people there this year.

drunk.gif
montoya 73 2.0
thumb3d.gif
jcd914
I am only waiting until my boss actually approves my time off request.
I have a room reserved and my wife has the time off but my boss is a little slow with the paperwork sad.gif

Jim

SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 6 2013, 11:08 PM) *
I want to see all 14,432 people there this year.

blink.gif
biosurfer1
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 7 2013, 10:15 AM) *

blink.gif

Dream big or go home!
Chris Pincetich
I just got new tires and the 914 is running great! beerchug.gif
But, I'll be working, in Costa Rica, during those first two weeks of June biggrin.gif
www.seaturtles.org

Have fun! beerchug.gif
aircooledtechguy

I'm glad I got my hotel reservation in a long time ago. . . w00t.gif
Rand
So McMark is the new brewmaster......... Who wants to sample?
JStroud
I've been waiting to see if my wife was going to make it.......not going to happen, we have one litter of pups due the 12th, and another due the 18th...she's not going anywhere.

Lucky for me I don't have a problem leaving her behind. happy11.gif
Even found someone more into 914s to go with me.

Everyone meet Laney, my work dog.....looks like she's going to WCR.

Click to view attachment

Laney was wondering if there will be any T shirts her size, she doesn't want to wear the same thing all weekend. lol-2.gif

See you there drunk.gif

Jeff
r_towle
QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2013, 02:08 AM) *

I added a counter at the top of the page for WCR. It's time for you to go sign up. No excuses. I want to see all 14,432 people there this year.

drunk.gif

Is that counter showing how many days till your car is done?
McMark
Trying to plan a work day for Thursday. wink.gif. Would have done it on Sunday if Jeff and Jim hadn't been 'bothering' me. av-943.gif
r_towle
Show us!
McMark
Two things held me up:

1. I decided not to throw the 2.0 in, and instead will be installing the 1.7 turbo, which I started reassembling.
2. I found a bunch of add-on wiring under the dash. Took me half the day just to pull out part of it, and probably another full day trying to bring the wiring back to stock.

But I did get the door handles working and the locks rekeyed to the same key. biggrin.gif
r_towle
have a good weekend???
McMark
Got a few more wires fixed today. I realized the car had a wiring burn at some point and the PO fixed the burned wires not up to my standards. But the good news is that it's not a whole bunch of random rewiring - I just have to replace the PO splices with my splices using OE wires with the correct colors and soldering and heat shrink.

Debating putting the 2.0 in the car to get it drivable, and swap the 1.7Turbo once it's all ready to go. Antsy to drive it now that I got the registration all sorted out and it's road legal. driving.gif
McMark
Well I made a decision. happy11.gif

Shooting for drivable tomorrow. burnout.gif
SirAndy
Ohhh! But ... but ... you can't turbo a 914!

unsure.gif
JStroud
Nice! piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
That's the spirit......get R done!!!!!!

Jeff
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 20 2013, 04:29 PM) *

Ohhh! But ... but ... you can't turbo a 914!

unsure.gif

w00t.gif
Krieger
piratenanner.gif popcorn[1].gif
McMark
Today - it - ran.

But with the turbo disabled. The oil feed is too large and it was blowing out into the turbo.

The MicroSquirt is all set up and working. Tomorrow I'll braze the oil feed shut and drill it smaller. Time to go research sizes.
ConeDodger
Yippee!!! cheer.gif
JStroud
It's the 22 of May, with 22 days to go.......you know what that means. happy11.gif

We've only got 22 days to go........what were you thinking. lol-2.gif
Better get busy, my cars ready......well kinda.

Jeff
r_towle
no pics?
Video?

It did not happen.

Rich
McMark
Didn't know anyone would want to see a 914 idling. Sounds completely stock... wink.gif
r_towle
I just am happy to see you have in running.
Its been a while and you must be excited.

Me, still need proof, but I can wait till WCR with pics to prove you drove it.
You know you need to go down the road more than once before you leave for WCR, right?
There are 50 things you will hear on that first run...

rich
McMark
My USB to Serial adapter isn't working right. Ordering a new one so I can tune. Everything is pretty much ready to go.
PDXMike
The motor is in and she's off the jack stands. I just registered.
r_towle
QUOTE(McMark @ May 23 2013, 05:12 PM) *

My USB to Serial adapter isn't working right. Ordering a new one so I can tune. Everything is pretty much ready to go.

famous last words.

brakes, bearings, squeaks...lost of squeaks....

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.