Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Registry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yellowFV
Is there an official 914 Registry ?

I was wondering if anyone is collecting data on the Number of surviving 914s VINs, Decriptions etc.

I know that with some other Porsche models as well as american classic cars people have created these registries that document the surviving cars and serve as authorities as to authentication valuation etc.

Anyone have any idea or estimates as to the number of surviving cars in the US ?... I know that the 914 was the most produced Porsche edging out the 356 series that actually had a longer run. Throughout most of the country few survived due to the road salt issus with rust... Also heard that roughtly 25% of Porsche AG output ends up in California.

It seems as though documenting the numbers of existing cars throug a registry may be of value to the Marque in terms of encourging the manufacture of Parts, reproduction parts etc.

I just know that I got this Magazine 356 Registry from a friend and it is really impressive the availability of restoration services, parts etc among the 356 crowd.

rob
TheCabinetmaker
Here's the "official" one. http://www.pca.org/914/SIGsiteIE.html

The most complete one is at the top of the page under 914 info, then members vin#'s
JeffBowlsby
I maintain the on-line 914 Limited Edition Registry found at the link in my signature block below (914_canam). 1000 914LE cars were made, 140 have been located to date, thats one indication of how many 914 cars might still exist, but I am sure there are more cars that have not been located yet.

I also have an offical publication that says ~83K 914 cars came to the USA, of the ~118K made.
davep
I am trying to keep an unofficial list, however it is difficult to know how many are viable chassis.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.