Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electronic Dizzy Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
I am replacing my old worn Dizzy with a looks new electronic 009 dizzy. Problem is I do not have instructions on how to wire it so I don't fry it. It has a yellow and Black wire with BA009E on the side. Any help would be appreciated.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
monkeyboy
I'd guess that Black is ground, likely wired to the negative of your coil.

But in all honesty, you should be asking the vendor you bought it from.
ruddyboys
I got this as a gift a few years ago and my Brother doesn't remember were he ordered it from. I had it in the truck and can not find a box or the instructions.
monkeyboy
My guess would be black wire to the negative of your coil, yellow wire to the positive.

That is just a guess, and if it starts to smoke, I was wrong smile.gif
toolguy
If it's a magnetic [ hall effect] pickup, it has to have a power source and a signal out to the coil. .

BA009E
Centrifugal Advance Distributor w/Electronic Ignition

$99.90

BA009E* has electronic ignition to replace points already factory installed.

*BAOO9E requires use of coil with an internal resistor or an external ballast resistor must be used
ruddyboys
My Brother thinks he purchased this at Mid America, I can not find anything Porsche, but I know they use to sell Porsche after market merchandise.

He says that is how it came, from distributor.

Tooguy, not sure what you are saying (I am not an electrical guy).

Everything I see about electronic 009 dizzys say to put the black wire to - on Coil and red on +. Is the Yellow supposed to be the Red??

If I remove the plastic cap under the roter, is there a way to see which wire could be + and -
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.