Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering column switch re-installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Here I go again.... This is not an everyday request, and I am probably the ONLY idiot to have this happen.
With the steering wheel out, it is easy to snap the blinker lever on my '75 914. Had to replace the whole switch. Thanks to this site was able to find out that the Super Beetle part for 1975 is the same. Bought one from AutohauzAZ.com $20 new!

Well I was installing it and a tiny part fell out. A small orange plug, wheel or disk WTF.gif It could be from the washer lever switch since it has to be coupled with the blinker switch prior to installing on the steering column. But who knows?

I was actually lucky enough to get in-touch with a Meyle rep and he is also helping.

pictures below. Help is appreciated.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
You have got me baffled.
bandjoey
It's a 914 belly button plug. Keeps you from leaving a rust trail when biggrin.gif u drive down the street.
McMark
Never seen one.
VRROOMM1
QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2013, 11:56 PM) *

Never seen one.

cover for the end of the pin that holds the arm on the wiper switch.( don't ask how I know, look at wtb)
malcolm2
QUOTE(VRROOMM1 @ May 8 2013, 09:25 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2013, 11:56 PM) *

Never seen one.

cover for the end of the pin that holds the arm on the wiper switch.( don't ask how I know, look at wtb)

I was thinking blinker, but it does look a bit dirty, so it sure could have come out of the wiper section. What do you mean "look at wtb"? Wanted to buy? I don't need one, I would like to know where it goes tho.

I will break it down AGAIN to night and see if I can see what you mean.

Thanks for putting me in the right direction.

Clark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.