Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Vanagon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Cawdrey
It even has the factory sunroof... Patience is virtue confused24.gif

Van-again wink.gif
72Signal914
I wish I had one, put some multi-spoke 12s and hydrolics and I'm set and a HUGE VW sticker to go across it, it'll add 50hp to the wheels laugh.gif j/k

ar15.gif VANAGON fighting19.gif
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(72Signal914 @ May 20 2003, 08:59 AM)
ar15.gif VANAGON fighting19.gif

Cant really afford the $40K 'used' van, w/ lift...

Besides, its a T IV motor cool_shades.gif clap56.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Looks good, Dave, and you can always cannibalize the teener for motor parts if need be.
Qarl
My scoutmaster had the same Vanagon when I was in Boy Scouts in the mid-80s. It literally looked just like that (with the same dent in the back lift gate).

Ask if the car was ever in Florida or Atlanta. If so, I rode in that van 16 years ago!

We had many a fun camping trips in that Vanagon.

Regards,
72Signal914
Boy Scouts, Fun in a Vanagon? Hmmmmm wink.gif.......... mueba.gif mueba.gif

I was in Boy Scouts also, but never had "fun" in a Vanagon biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
PM JP Stein or Bruce Albert, Dave to look at it for you.
Geoff
Qarl
Sorry... no dancing bananas on my scouting trips. Don't know what kind of troop you belonged to?

I hope you didn't earn your Christopher Lowell merit badge?

laugh.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Wife says the color is less than ideal...

I tried to show her the "possibilties" wink.gif
ThinAir
If it will meet your needs for a lift, etc then this is really a good way to go. The air cooled part is a real advantage over the 83 water cooled models. I'm running the same basic engine (a 79 2.0L) in my son's 75 Bus and it's been wonderful. He's not mechanical so hydraulic lifters has been a real blessing. All you ever have to do is change oil!
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(ErnieDV @ May 20 2003, 07:06 PM)
If it will meet your needs for a lift, etc then this is really a good way to go. The air cooled part is a real advantage over the 83 water cooled models. I'm running the same basic engine (a 79 2.0L) in my son's 75 Bus and it's been wonderful. He's not mechanical so hydraulic lifters has been a real blessing. All you ever have to do is change oil!

I am thinking a ramp more than a lift. A lift will block access to the rear bench. A PITA for the wife when loading the kids, and not me...

The ramp could roll under van, below slider door. I would also lower the van, or hydrolics tongue.gif

Low_Ride_er
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.