Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 1975 as bought, looking for ideas.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
callplatinum
You Tube

I brought this home this past Saturday... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=209629

I've already been scouted by messix, guess it is hard to miss the bright yellow. A perfect color for me. Love Black and Yellow.

Any ways.
My 1st priority was to solve a left side tail light issue. I attacked and solved that today. Yea!
Next will be to get the driving lights operational. ( lower fog style lights )

Watch the video if you please, looking for feed back. Messix gave me a few pointers while he walked around.

I'd like to trim out the window in someway soon.
Add the windshield washer jets.
Front bumper needs better alignment.
I need tunes.. Idea of a deck to look for? Not going for factory, and really just car about a aux imput, maybe am/fm if I can figure out a discrete antenna, The dome light is completely missing.
Got the dash lights working however I like the LED upgrade, looking for info on that.
Dash is good, seats have a couple of seems coming apart, interested in making new upholstered seats, would love some black and yellow clashing.
I have the rear valance, will install it soon.
Car was red, hoping to match the yellow to touch up things like door bolts, till red.
Headlight function as they should.
Starts, runs, shifts, and drives great.
I'd like to dress out the trunk areas in black.

Anyways, Thank you for reading and look forward to your input.

Don
Snohomish, WA

messix
the fogs will only come on with the low beams.

for tunes look in the vendors section. look for 914 appearance and performance, morph makes some awesome speaker pods and sub boxes[I have both] in think "mikey914 is running the marketing and shipping of morphs stuff still.

the interior light is no longer available, the one being sold is not a very good match. search for the alternatives that people have done.

the "BUB's" [big ugly bumpers] are very heavy and back dating to earlier style is pretty easy to do. and can be done very inexpensively if you want to go with black painted ones. just put up a want to buy in the classifieds. I did my back dated bumper conversion in the hotel parking lot at the wcr2005 I think it was!

krazykonrad
welcome.png , also
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Konrad
steuspeed
Fog light upgrade.

http://www.jwesteng.com/porsche/914/fog.htm
solex
Welcome Dave. I also have 75 almost identical to yours except I have a brown interior.

One thing that was very helpful with mine was replacing the engine wiring harness.

Please let me know when you figure out the problem with your rear running lights. I have the same problem the drivers side outboard is out but have yet to debug the issue other then I know power is not getting to the light.

Need to work backwards but if you find something before hand that would be helpful
Kaduku
QUOTE(steuspeed @ May 8 2013, 12:13 PM) *

agree.gif One of the best and easiest upgrade you can do.

bembry
I think the big black rubber bumpers look GOOD on that yellow car. I'd leave 'em. Nice car!
callplatinum
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ May 8 2013, 10:29 AM) *

welcome.png , also
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Konrad

Video does not count as pics?

smile.gif
speed metal army
QUOTE(bembry @ May 8 2013, 07:11 PM) *

I think the big black rubber bumpers look GOOD on that yellow car. I'd leave 'em. Nice car!

Agreed!The big bumpers are cool.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Only 2 years outta 6!I dig em! shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.