Before tar was removed. Looks pretty damn good, huh? clap56.gif
Jenny
Another one..
Jenny
After tar removal
Jenny
After going at it with a wire brush... much better
Jenny
and while we're looking at pretty pictures, here's another one of the engine bay after a bottle and a half of brake cleaner wacko.gif
VegasRacer
GOOD WORK! clap56.gif
It looks nice. You're getting there.
Qarl
A bottle and a half of break cleaner! I bet you got a good buzz off that!

I was cleaning the inside firwall with brake cleaner in the garage (without a fan). I came back into the house and was babbling nonsense for about an hour wacko.gif

Looks nice.

See, that tar is evil. Bad stuff lurks underneath! That all looks minor though. Take a wire brush on a drill too it, and then do the POR-15 treatment.

Have fun and no you can't use your dirty brake-cleaner tainted shop towels as a huffing rag!

Regards,
Jenny
Yes, did the drill bit. My little noodle arms had a hard time steadying it. But man it works much faster! Rust bits flying everywhich way.
seanery
Hey Jenny,

I drove your car yesterday MDB2.gif ....well...I sat in it and steered while brad pulled around to the other side.
Brad Roberts
Yep.. Sean was the first person to drive Jenny's car.

I laugh about the condition of this chassis (FREEBIE) because I am now seeing what some of you are buying (and paying good money for..LOL) I looked at 8-10 cars that had rust in very hard to repair area's before deciding on this FREEBIE... which turned out to be 98% rust free..and NO structural rust/NO accidents covered by bondo..

B
Bleyseng
Noodle arms! haha
you should try Kevins trick for the silver paint touch up in the interior and trunks. I saw his car this weekend and it looks fine.
Geoff
Jeroen
Hey Jenny,

I think I said it before... I'm jealous biggrin.gif
Keep up the good work!

I looked at a possible donorcar for my project this weekend
It's a 1.7 '71 and very complete and unmolested car
It's fully optioned and still had all those "hey, is that supposed to be there, I never seen that before" original parts on it biggrin.gif
It had some very minor rust issues (jack posts and some minor holes around the windshield). Even the chrome bumpers looked flawless.
It has been stored inside and not driven since '85

Doesn't look like the owner wants to part it out and just sell me the body though.
And I'm not interested in paying for parts that I don't need and that take a lot of time/trouble to sell (taking up funds and space that I need for other things right now)

The owner has this car just sitting there for over 3 years and hasn't been able to sell it (because it doesn't have a dutch registration) and I was hoping he'd be more willing to sell me just the body...

Oh well, we'll see how it turns out

cheers,

Jeroen
rhodyguy
jenny, do you intend to replace the sound pad on the engine side of the firewall? i opted to delete that item from my car. no way was i going to put that acid holding, rust hiding piece of crap back in. i just used a pneu tool w/ a cut off wheel and clipped off the hangy part of the clips and filed off the sharp corners. another bit of incorrectness on my car.

kevin
Gint
My personal preference is to NOT put back any floor pan tar or engine pad or any other pad or mat that is just going to trap moisture and cause rust in my teener. I'll live with the noise. Most of the time I drive mine with the top off anyway. This ain't no luxo-wagon.
Jenny
HELL NO! I cleaned that damn compartment so I can repaint it and have it look pretty. The pad is in decent shape, but they all look nasty. And I don't want any more surprises. My orange car was void of sound pad as well. So I'm used to it. And before that, I rode around in 914 race cars that don't have any sort of padding. And before that, my brother's turbo. I've long since learned not to talk while in a teener. wink.gif

Cutting off the clips is a great idea. I might do that as well.

Jen
rhodyguy
plus another few pounds in your favor in the hp to weight ratio.

kevin
Jenny
Ha! We've determined I get no more hp until I learn how to handle the car (or how the car handles me) Please refer back to the thread in Jan about my little crunched orange car. :toilet:

Jen
Chris914n6
Jenny,

If you change your mind about sound deadening I've got stuff for you --> http://www.914turbo.com/sound.htm

I've got HP so I can splurge for quiet too tongue.gif

Chris
914N6 w/ Eddie Bauer edition interior lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.