Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Interest?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Last friday after closing up shop, my boss and I hit a locale diner. One of the other patrons came in and asked "Who's 914 would that be?" I said it was mine and it looks like crap but drivers almost as good as new. He then went on to say he's got a lot of parts leftover from when he was into the 914 thing and racing and rebuilding them, etc. We exchanged info and Tuesday night I went by to check out his parts cache.

Seems he's got 2 transmissions. one of which is a sideshift bolted up to a nearly complete 1.8 engine. The engine may need a rebuild and a starter and it's a turnkey.
The other transmission is a tailshift.
He has two shifters (the parts that are inside he cab)
Some lenses
A Mirror
Rear swaybar with some hardware
2.0L crank
Flywheel
Wheels
--And more that i couldn't see.

I'm interested in picking up some of these parts. The guy says he'd prefer if someone just came in and cleaned him out for a good price. So I'm curious if any of you would like to go in with me on this? I don't have a trailer or storage space and only want a few things. I think there's quite a few other parts that might be of interest to other local 914 owners and for a pooled* amount of a few hundred dollars we could all take what we want, or someone store it all?

I'm open to any ideas. The parts aren't going anywhere and he's content on getting all of them out of his posession.
smash.gif
Trekkor
What kind of wheels did you see?

KT
eeyore
Any mention on what constitutes a 'good' price?

(I'm interested in the 2.0 crank)
Brando
The wheels were aluminum. They were not the 2L fuchs (the other style I can't remember).

Good price maybe being a few hundred dollars to take it all. I'm thinking $500+ since he's got a good engine back there. I'll try to go by again on a brighter day and catalog everything I see to better estimate.
muddboy
depending on whats there... yeah I would be intrested. Though I will have to find a new hiding spot from the wife since under the bed is full already.
silver2.0
I'd give you $100 for the tailshifter. Shipping won't be cheap, so I can't pay too much.
Aaron Cox
brandon,

call me...im down to go... i may want the lenses and swaybar...
xsboost90
let me know if he has some five lug rear hubs!!! xsboost90@yahoo.com
Brando
you got it dudes smile.gif
JoeSharpOld
Brando: He might want a little more money than that, at any rate I have a trailer and storage. I'll talk to you at the A/X.
aaRON: I have an extra rear bar.
Joe
iiibdsiil
I'll throw down for the side shifter. LMK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.