Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: running lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
All I'm at a loss. I checked my lights yesterday and have the follow. I have headlights, turnsignals all the way around, brake lights and backup lights and running light front and rear on the passenger side but no running lights front or rear on the drivers side. I installed all new bulbs and fuses and check the fuse legs seperately and all tested good. Anybody got any ideas because I'm beating my head against the wall at this point Thanks.
monkeyboy
Someone will need to verify, but I think the light switch has seperate circuits for left and right.
Dave_Darling
Grounds. Mixed-up bulbs (single-filament bulb where a dual-filament should be, or vice-versa).

Could be other stuff, but those are the first things to come to mind.

--DD
michael7810
IF running lights are what I call parking lights; try the turn signal blade with the key off. It bypasses the light switch and activates left or right parking lights (depending on which direction you move the blade of course). If they work, then the circuitry should be OK and the problem is the switch.
RonnieJ
Thanks all, tracked it down to a bad switch. Got to say this is a first switch I have had going bad since I started driving 914's in 1978.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.