Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLITS NEEDS 914 HELP IN ARIZONA!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Toast
Slits drove his yellow 914 to Arizona to have Thanksgiving with his daughter. On the way there, the pulley in his altenator broke. headbang.gif He was going to try driving it back 7 hours to California tomorow on just the battery! ohmy.gif

He does not have internet connection to try to contact any of you Arizona guys for spare parts or help.

If anyone is willing to help SLITS that is near the Pheonix Arizona area, please CALL him.

Ron Meier
951-751-3584

I am going to have my Turkey dinner now, so I wont be on for a while to see anyones reply.
So, if you are nearby and can help, please call Ron (aka SLITS) directly.

Thanks!
Aaron Cox
OH...THAT SUCKS!

ron.... you didnt carry another alternator with you? geez! rolleyes.gif

help the dude out guys...
rick 918-S
Man I know that feeling of having the roadside car repair blues.

Who do we have in AZ.?

P.S. Just sent a email to azbill. Who else do we have.
Jeroen
icon_bump.gif some one help him out!
neo914-6
I PM'd 914GT in Tuscon, ~100 miles away. I doubt the battery will hold out for 7 hrs...
curtis
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 25 2004, 04:37 PM)
icon_bump.gif some one help him out!

agree.gif smash.gif so he can.. chowtime.gif and beer3.gif and this driving.gif
Mike9142.0
I am here and looking to see if I have parts.
Toast
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Nov 25 2004, 05:50 PM)
I PM'd 914GT in Tuscon, ~100 miles away.  I doubt the battery will hold out for 7 hrs...

Thanks. I know he would have to pass through Tuscon going to Cali. Maybe SLITS could meet up with 914GT there. That is only 3 hours, instead of 7. wacko.gif

Common guys, dont make me have to cancle my ski day and Scorpions concert to drive out there to get him. bootyshake.gif
MarkV
I am in Tucson which is 120 miles from Phoenix. I don't have a spare alternator, but I have plenty of tools & a battery charger. I bet you can buy a rebuilt alternator at the FLAPS. Let me know if I can help.

mueba.gif mueba.gif
Howard
Toast, was unable to reach him on cel. Can go there with a towbar tomorrow if all else fails. Where is he?
spare time toys
Im going through with an empty trailer and room in the suburban wavey.gif heading out that way at 5am be in phoenix area fri eve. Call my cell if he needs to be hauled to LA Area. Cell number 972-345-2990
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 25 2004, 06:50 PM)
Toast, was unable to reach him on cel. Can go there with a towbar tomorrow if all else fails. Where is he?

need a sidekick? biggrin.gif

good point! did he go to a FLAPS? im sure they got em..
redshift
INHUMANITY!!

I'm in Georgia, is that near that place you guys are talking about?

M
cooltimes
While I can't offer any direct local help, I can fill in a few bits on driving without the altenator working. I drove back from Orlando FL to Memphis TN under those conditions. Drive only during the daylight hours and turn off all electrical items you have a switch to turn off. Buy a spare battery and drive as long as you can on the one that was already on your 914. When the battery goes flat, check the mileage and change to the new bought battery. Charge the dead battery when you need to stop for meals or breaks. Drive on after picking up the charged battery. I think the distance I drove was about 1000 miles. I had to recharge the new battery twice and the original once. That is my experience. Yours may be different but mine got me home. Part of my drive was using headlights because it rained a while.

Now seeing Slits has some help locally.
Howard
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Nov 25 2004, 05:52 PM)
Im going through with an empty trailer and room in the suburban wavey.gif heading out that way at 5am be in phoenix area fri eve. Call my cell if he needs to be hauled to LA Area. Cell number 972-345-2990

That's just about divine intervention smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
I have driven from San Diego to San Francisco on my battery (s). At night it took me three batteries. During the day it shold only take one. Good luck.
Mike9142.0
I just talked to Slits he will be stoping by the shop I work at tomarow. I have the parts to get him home safe.
redshift
I just talked to him too, and he told me the same thing.... so at least now we can see a consistant story emerging..

laugh.gif

Someone call Howard, QUICK! Get his story!

M
Howard
I don't know. He doesn't call, doesn't write, never sends flowers.

Alternative pulley? Is that a Covina thing?
scruz914
The response to Toast's request for aid is great. Nice to know there is a community out there like this to help.

Nice job! smilie_pokal.gif

-Jeff
JoeSharpOld
I just got off the phone with Ron. He thanks everybody for the help, and
Toast he says "Thank You very much for the post". I gave him Larry D's phone number and he is going to get in touch with him now. He is getting parts tomorrow from Mike. So he should be back tomorrow night in the company of spare time toys biggrin.gif
Joe
spare time toys
QUOTE(Mike9142.0 @ Nov 25 2004, 09:32 PM)
I just talked to Slits he will be stoping by the shop I work at tomarow. I have the parts to get him home safe.

If you can not get it fixed my trailer offer is still good just call. I got nation wide cell coverage "if you are in our coverage areas" Gotta love cingular
Aaron Cox
ron sincerely thanks everyone who called.... says situation is under control....

he says hell be at the AX to harass us all on saturday...

what a character....said hes had 15 phone calls in an hour from club members.... smilie_pokal.gif
Rhodes71/914
Dinners done, folks are on their way home, kitchen is cleaned up. Sit down to see what's up at 914club and..

It's another wonderful Thanksgiving story!!!
markb
QUOTE(Mike9142.0 @ Nov 25 2004, 06:32 PM)

Well done! The club comes thru again! smilie_pokal.gif
Toast
OMG! clap56.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif wavey.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Thank you everybody for your lightning fast response to this delema!
You guys rock! aktion035.gif

I just checked in from Thanksgiving dinner and I am floored that this has already been resolved. w00t.gif

I haven't even talked to Ron yet. Wonder if I should call him and offer help too. idea.gif lol2.gif Heck, he only has had 15 calls in this hour. lol2.gif lol2.gif

914 club members are the greatest! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Howard, SLITS still loves you man. huh.gif laugh.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(Mike9142.0 @ Nov 25 2004, 07:32 PM)

smilie_pokal.gif That's my boy!! boldblue.gif clap56.gif pray.gif
Brando
Holycrap!

Just finished turkey dinner with some friends' family and see that Ron had a mishap en route. I forsaw complications but i think all 914 owners did. It's amazing to see so many clubbers offer and extend their help for one another.

This aint your normal PCA. wink.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif
Toast
QUOTE(Brando @ Nov 25 2004, 08:40 PM)
This aint your normal PCA.

laugh.gif No it aint! laugh.gif
914GT
I just talked to him about 5 minutes ago, I had a spare alternator pulley for him but guess he's going to run w/o his alternator back to Phoenix and has someone to help him out there.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Toast @ Nov 25 2004, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE(Brando @ Nov 25 2004, 08:40 PM)
This aint your normal PCA.

laugh.gif No it aint! laugh.gif

phh we'll celebrate with wine and cheese when he gets back!

(mac and cheese and boxed wine that is laugh.gif )

PCA? Porsches Come Apart? lol2.gif
type47fan
Looks like the club's communication networking capabilities rival that of the federal government's idea.gif Great job everybody! You done good! It truly is a wonderful Thanksgiving story.

Happy Holidays, again.
Howard
QUOTE(Toast @ Nov 25 2004, 07:36 PM)
OMG! clap56.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif wavey.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Thank you everybody for your lightning fast response to this delema!
You guys rock! aktion035.gif

I just checked in from Thanksgiving dinner and I am floored that this has already been resolved. w00t.gif

I haven't even talked to Ron yet. Wonder if I should call him and offer help too. idea.gif lol2.gif Heck, he only has had 15 calls in this hour. lol2.gif lol2.gif

914 club members are the greatest! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Howard, SLITS still loves you man. huh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, whatever. Great Thanksgiving story, Tiny Tim was there, we all cried for joy. icon8.gif

Now that he's OK and Turkey day just about over, we can go back to being the cynical insulting group we were yesterday biggrin.gif
ChrisReale
Now that everyting is a-ok, can we prank call him? huh.gif
Joe Bob
Hope he don'tover heat...BTW...didn't he sacrifice a chicken mcnugget before he left???? wacko.gif
gregrobbins
Just got off the phone with Mike DeVries. Situation is under control. Slits will drive from Tucson up to Phoenix to Mike's shop in the a.m. where they will reattach the pulley.

Slits/Mike, call if there is anything I can do to help or if you need anything.

Greg
623-297-4084
skline
What a crew! This event will go down in 914Club history. Someone here in need and he gets all kinds of offers for help. Only in America. Well, at least here anyway. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
azbill
I just got home from dinner with the family. I'll Ron first thing in the morning.

Azbill ohmy.gif
Allan
Man you guys are great. I've never been involved with a group so tight knit and willing to help. Outstanding people!!!
Red-Beard
don't forget, every repair and run requires a blood sacrifice...
Joe Bob
Called and talked to him this AM...in good spirits, even after I offered to fly out and shoot him to put him out of his misery..... ar15.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(Headrage @ Nov 26 2004, 06:50 AM)
Man you guys are great.  I've never been involved with a group so tight knit and willing to help.  Outstanding people!!!

agree.gif

AAA doesn't have anything on this place!! Get your car fixed, and a full ration of sh*t nationwide! biggrin.gif (edit: make that "worldwide")
Aaron Cox
is the old phart back yet?

gonna ax his car tommorow i hope rolleyes.gif
SLITS
Ok, All of you are going to make me step out of my asshole role and be myself lol2.gif I cannot believe the out pouring of help and parts I was offered. I can't believe from this loose nit network that so many people were willing to go out of their way, sacrifice their time and parts to put me back on the road. Regardless of all the shit we throw each other's way, the political madness that is banned, we are a brotherhood of Teener owners and friends too. We may have never met, but you ALL came to my aid without asking for anything. Keep this club alive. I know I will pass on what I have recieved and I would hope that this kindredship permeates us all. I have the faith that I can take my Teener anywhere now and know that help is available (but next time I'll put the tools back in the trunk).

Now, the rest of the story............Got to Mike's place no problem. Went to install the parts and found out that someone had crossthreaded or ? the nut on the armature shaft. No way to fix it without changing the alternator. That I was not going to do due to the complexity. !st battery lasted from Tucson, AZ to just outside of Blythe, CA (250 miles?). Hooked up the battery pack and made it to Banning, CA (150 mile) where I had to stop and charge the main battery. Made it back to Riverside by running without lights when I could. Car is back in the shop and I am home. Tomorrow, maybe a change of the alternator, but for sure.......the AX so I can recieve the harrasment I so much deserve.

An absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving.......A gagle of wonderful people........THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE UP THIS CLUB ARE THE ESSENCE OF LIFE AND GOODWILL.....THANKS TO YOU ALL. I OWE A GREAT DEBT TO YOU.

THANKS

redshift
Glad to have you back home.

smile.gif

M
Joe Bob
Yup...but yer STILL ugly... wink.gif
Rhodes71/914
Glad to here you and your 914 made it back.

BTW you were th first person to offer to send me a part to try and I was new to the board. Good karma pays. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 26 2004, 09:37 PM)
I OWE A GREAT DEBT TO YOU.

<h1>THANKS</h1>

just dont beat me at the AX!

glad to hear the eagle has landed safely......
JoeSharpOld
You've have paid for your debt in advance. With all the free parts you have given, and all the help you have been.
Maybe I should refase that, all the herassment that you have given. 914 people rock including you. wub.gif
Joe
DJsRepS
He could buy 2 spare batteries and return what he dosnt use. Drive by day no lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.