Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield wiper switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
black914
I recently purchased a 75 2.0 liter 914. I am slowly fixing the little nuisance items to get the car streetable. My wiper switch is steering column mounted on a 75. The trouble involves the switch which has been tampered with and has a lost part which contacts the copper elements in the switch. I was contemplating going to a console or dash mounted switch using an earlier dash switch from a 914. I cannot find a replacement switch for the 75 column mount anywhere.

Has anyone attempted this conversion? I would appreciate any help in the proper wiring of the switch using the wires from the connector at the bottom of the steering column. Which wires would go where on the switch? Could I use a simple three-position switch from someplace like Radio Shack to do this conversion? I guess the three-position switch would allow me to use the two-speed wiper.
ejm
Have you tried an ad in the classifieds? I'm sure there are used and maybe new switches around. Better to keep it original if you can.
ejm
And welcome to the Garage beerchug.gif
Rog914
I think it would be a lot easier to just buy good used column switch. I agree also to try to keep it orginal and don't hack up the wiring. There's many people selling parts on this classified. Just make sure you get right one, a 75 & 76 should work a 74 & older won't.

Ralph

74 2.0
markb
Call Cap'n Krusty. We have a box of 'em (used). West Coast Garage. 805 925-1993.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.