Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 auto for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Your eBay and Craigslist Ads for 914 Stuff
sixnotfour
Just a Heads up, Just saw it on Ebay beerchug.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item35c73b11bd
hydroliftin
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 11 2013, 11:58 AM) *

How sad. That little four banger must be just screaming for mercy in third gear at highway speeds.
Elliot Cannon
That's not far from me. I might have to check it out.
SchwarzHorse
Holy FucH - it's got a 3-speed Audi 5000 quattro automatic trans driving the rear Fuchs ! How in the Hella ?
With 13 bidders just counting their blessin's they can win it and re-bolt a 901 back onta it for outright glory ...I'm lickin' my chops ! chowtime.gif
Cap'n Krusty
If it doesn't sell, I could look it over for anyone here who's interested. Less than 10 minutes away. The Yelp site has him in the Pasadena area, now he's in Nipomo, 200 miles away? Wonder if it's the car from the Central Valley?

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(SchwarzHorse @ May 11 2013, 03:46 PM) *

Holy FucH - it's got a 3-speed Audi 5000 quattro automatic trans driving the rear Fuchs ! How in the Hella ?
With 13 bidders just counting their blessin's they can win it and re-bolt a 901 back onta it for outright glory ...I'm lickin' my chops ! chowtime.gif

Not all Audis are Quattro. In fact, the Quattro was manual only until about 1995, and that auto tranny was a 4 speed, not a 3 speed. A member here has/had a 914 with an Audi Automatic and said it was a decent swap. His was from a 4000, IIRC, but the trannies are very similar.

The Cap'n
dlkawashima
Wow $7656 and reserve still not met .... that's a lot more than I expected (as Shaq's mom would say).
Steve
I have seen people from time to time looking to install an automatic in there 914. Here's there chance to find one already done. Even the sportomatic was only a four speed. I had a 993 with the automatic. That four speed sucked except in bumper to bumper traffic on highway one. I sold it and kept the 914.
dlkawashima
The car is now listed as Sale Pending.

So what is the strategy here ..... set the reserve price ridiculously high and then contact the highest bidder after the end of the auction to make the deal outside of ebay, thereby avoiding ebay fees?

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Thats Marks (Computers4kids) car im sure, but it looks like they gave it a paint job as the old paint wasnt that nice.
Steve
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 11 2013, 10:18 PM) *

The car is now listed as Sale Pending.

So what is the strategy here ..... set the reserve price ridiculously high and then contact the highest bidder after the end of the auction to make the deal outside of ebay, thereby avoiding ebay fees?

Click to view attachment

That's how I bought my 993. It was on eBay but didn't sell. The used car lot says they use eBay for advertising.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.