Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Gremlin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg
My '75 has recently developed the habit of blowing fuse #8 every time I go out for a drive. This fuse (8Amp) is for the fresh air fan/ horn/ wipers/ cigaret lighter and also seems to provide power to the guages, tach and clock. This problem now seems to happen when I'm starting the car (car runs fine - just no guages) but not always. Going to a 16Amp fuse seems to fix the issue but to me that's not a good solution (I don't want t have a Car-B-Que). I have the factory manuals and I'm reviewing them but I thought I'd check to see if any of you have had this specific problem or have ideas where to focus my search. Thanks in advance!
Demick
Fuse #8 should be a 16A fuse:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...rical_fuses.htm
SirAndy
QUOTE(Greg @ May 20 2003, 12:00 PM)
This fuse (8Amp) is for the fresh air fan/ horn/ wipers/ cigaret lighter and also seems to provide power to the guages, tach and clock.

the horn is the most exposed of all. start there, check the wires/connectors on the horn(s) first and work you're way up. did you drive in the rain lateley?

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Demick @ May 20 2003, 12:09 PM)
Fuse #8 should be a 16A fuse:

doh, could have checked that first ...
Greg
Thanks Demick and Andy, good info! BTW, the fuse that had been there for years was an 8Amp and the owners manual also indicated an 8 Amp fuse for that position - I'll check that again. Also, I had driven it in the rain about a week before the problem began - I'll check the horns too!
Mueller
Bad cigerette lighter recepticle, it's grounding out to itself....

(just a guess, BTDT)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.